Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have enjoyed all the info on Burgmans. Almost ready to buy a 650. I read alot about seat comfort but what does it feel like to ride more untop of the bike? On a bike like my triumph sprint you sit straddeling the bike with a lower center of gravity leaning forward.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
What does the color blue feel like ? :)
Even with an answer you still have to find out for yourself. Don't concern yourself with center of gravity, the Burgman will be lower then your bikes, and the feeling of control is also better.
Only thing I can tell you is that most members that have switched from bikes had no trouble, maybe for the first week you miss the gas tank between your knees, or look for the clutch , but that's about it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Randy said:
What does the color blue feel like ? :)
Even with an answer you still have to find out for yourself. Don't concern yourself with center of gravity, the Burgman will be lower then your bikes, and the feeling of control is also better.
Only thing I can tell you is that most members that have switched from bikes had no trouble, maybe for the first week you miss the gas tank between your knees, or look for the clutch , but that's about it.
And the foot brake. When riding my wife's 400 I still try to use the foot brake.

Rich, it's easier riding one of these than you'll believe. Previous riding experience is always a plus. The first time I rode two up, I did have to make adjustments. It wasn't like riding two up with any motorcycle I ever had. I do attribute that to the lower center of gravity vs the added weight up top.

Mike

·
Registered
719 Posts
rich said:
On a bike like my triumph sprint you sit straddeling the bike with a lower center of gravity leaning forward.
Steering on the Burgman is almost telepathic.

Your comments lead me to believe that you think the CoG is higher than that of your Sprint; it's most likely quiet a bit lower. The drivetrain is packaged lower than anything I can think of except, maybe, a BMW R-engined bike.

You may miss hanging off the tank and weighting the inside peg; I do, but not enough to give up everything I like so much about my scooter.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Wasquid said:
rich said:
On a bike like my triumph sprint you sit straddeling the bike with a lower center of gravity leaning forward.
Steering on the Burgman is almost telepathic.
It does steer remarkably nicely. Of course, so does the Sprint.

Your comments lead me to believe that you think the CoG is higher than that of your Sprint; it's most likely quiet a bit lower. The drivetrain is packaged lower than anything I can think of except, maybe, a BMW R-engined bike.
Without the huge fuel tank sitting really high up, as on the Boxers.

Definitely, the low CoG helps immensely.

Rich asked me in a PM (I don't imagine this is too personal to reveal) about the Burgman in crosswinds relative to the Sprint. Three times last week I approached the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge with "High Winds on Bridge" signs illuminated. The Sprint, in part, I think, because of its higher CoG, though I'm sure also because it's solid, would've been blown around all over the place. The Burgman was just as planted as my 670 lb. K1200RS would've been. There were cars getting blown off their tracks more than I was. I'd say I was blown out of the track I wanted to be in maybe twice in all three experiences.

It's really a very slick vehicle. Right now, my only gripe is with the suspension.

Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts