Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Riding in the prairie

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Nicky Wright 
#1 ·
The weather forecast for Sunday called for not so hot, clear and light winds. So I hit the road and had a good adventure. Bike odometer recorded 282 miles.

From Kansas City went west to Council Grove then south on the Flint Hills Scenic Byway to National Tallgrass Prairie Preserve and Cottonwood Falls.

Then went through Emporia on the way home.

July 12 scooter trip album

#2 ·
How was your comfort for the 282 miles? Do you have a backrest, upgraded windshield anything like that?

I ask, because I'm working out my backrest, and a ClearView "Barn Door" version windshield is set to arrive tomorrow. I put 334 service miles on mine over this weekend (transport to my dad's house and back), and my hiney, right wrist and ears could use more comfort. My ears should get a break with the barn door. And maybe my hiney will feel better when I have a backrest to lean against. The right wrist will continue to hurt, until I get up the gumption to install a Rostra.

But to slap on 282 miles at one time sounds like a pain in my hiney. So wondering about your comfort mods.

7milesout

#4 ·
The areas you mentioned like the Flint Hills and Tallgrass Prairie are beautiful and very underrated if not a well kept secret. If you ever do a similar ride, please take some pictures. Years ago, there was a nice ranch where my wife and I wanted to stay at but never had the $ to do so. I believe it's the Circle S Ranch near Lawrence, KS. Stopped by in '09 to check it out and was told that there was a nearby field of sunflowers that recently was harvested and was a favorite with photographers. On another occasion, we visited Winfield and the morning ride east, especially through the small towns of Moline and Elk Falls in the Flint Hills area was real scenic.
Yes indeed, you are located in a very pretty part of the country.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.