Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today has to go down in the history of my worst rides home from work ever!

I did find out that the Burgman handles quite well in snow and ice. Atlanta went from dry roads to snowed / iced over roads in a hurry. Glad i got home finally.

·
Administrator
20,110 Posts
This is kinda funny to me but not so funny to you. I have gotten caught out like that so many times. You calling it a snow storm is what makes me laugh. Thats just a dusting of snow up here.

So how far was that commute home? Mine is 41 miles and all but 5 were like that vid above.

Stay safe.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a 38 mile commute but much of the same thing so I kept it short. Yeah its not so much that it was alot of snow, but under it was ice and we don't treat any roads here. At this hour there are thousands of people all around Metro Atlanta stuck on roads because we can't treat even something simple like this :(

I try to avoid this but it just came on so fast and turned to ice in a hurry.

Gotta love these rides Dave!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Impressive riding ...the Burgman not so comfie on slippy stuff.
Good work to get homw safe

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'll bet your butt was sore when you got home from being puckered for 30 miles? :D Glad you made it home safe!!!:eek:ccasion7:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Reminds me of 1969 after I got out of the USN. I bought a new CB350 Honda in Jan that year - didn't have the money for a car so I rode the Honda to work and back - and everywhere else I wanted/needed to go. That was one of the snowiest coldest in the NW in years. I remember having to dig snow out between the fender and front tire with the screwdriver out of the tool kit. I only dropped the bike one time and I was sitting still when it happened. Some guy ended up in a ditch and the roads were glazed with ice. The road was slanted about 5-6* and on a curve - cop would not let me pull to the shoulder. He did help me pick the bike up. Then remarked "I guess thats why you tried to get over huh?" Yeah - idiot! I don't venture out when its cold any more.

·
Administrator
20,110 Posts
I do have the advantage of having a Mud and Snow tire on my 650, just for these days.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
it's impressive, when there are some people that dont even ride when it rains. Glad you made it home safe.

·
Registered
739 Posts
All I could think of was "Ugh!".. awful..

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
That really was quite something - glad you made it home!

·
Registered
704 Posts
First time I remember snow rollers in the yard. Hopefully I'll be able to be on two rubber rollers again soon!

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Crazy weather and even crazier weathermen. Riding in light gear 2 days ago and the forecast was for flurries only yesterday. Well I just got finished ICE Skating with skates on out on our parking lot this morning. Literally ICE Skating. We get ice mixed with our snow and what Burgman30201 accomplished yesterday is amazing. Glad you made it safe and sound.
KUDOS to you Patrick! :thumbup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hot ride

Live in south Australia. Went for a bike ride yesterday. Temp. 47 degrees Celsius on 650 thermometer. For the other people.... Nearly 117 degrees F.

·
Registered
765 Posts
well one heck of a job getting that scoot home safely. you are more man than me though ............. I'd pulled into the nearest Quick Stop, let the air out of one of the tires and called AAA! :D

THEN went and changed my shorts:(

THEN went to nearest Varisty JR. for some comfort food and a Big Orange drink!

Sirkitrider

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Impressive riding ...the Burgman not so comfie on slippy stuff.
Good work to get homw safe
I was pretty impressed with it actually, but my nerves were shot by the time I got home lol

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is some crazy weather for Georgia. They missed the mark on this one big time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Burgman 30102, I take that same route home from work on hwy 92 to Woodstock.
It became much worse after you went past. Left work at 4pm yesterday in Norcross...finally got home at 6:45am this morning. Abandoned cars everywhere....

You are one BRAVE DUDE!!!!!

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
As your video shows, it can be done. That doesn't mean it's much fun to do. Glad you made it home without incident.

·
Registered
71 Posts
OK just watching you made me a little nervous ! Glad you made it safely home. But my big question is if they add this type of riding to the Winter Olympics will you represent the USA for us ?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Good job, you could not have got that more right,
one question is it really a Burgman 500?

:D:D:D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts