Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Riding Heavy traffic São Paulo -Brasil

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  mmpanela 
#1 ·
I maked this video ,to show how is the traffic in my city , I use my K6 all days to go and back of my job,I drive by 44km in the morning and more 44km to back , for close than 25km I found this traffic conditions ....all days!!!

Here , in my city is common pratice ,drive between the cars .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocJCm_V8fDE&feature=youtu.be

#4 ·
Just waiting for the guy to open his door to dump out cold coffee...

#6 ·
Holy Cow, that sure is a little nerve racking to watch.

I'm with Gappy on this one.

BTW how many spare mirrors do you have?;)[/QUOTE

:):):):):):):):):):)

I have none to replace mine, but unfortunately already broke a few cars:(:(.
I posted this video to show the different characteristics and behavior of transit riders in different places.
Here, where I live, is where the traffic is considered the worst in the entire country, in the city of São Paulo are 12 million people in 1500 square kilometers, including 7.6 million cars, trucks and buses and 1 million motorcycles.
This is why the bikes ride between cars.
In my situation, if I come to work with my car(44km+44km), I would take close to 2hours to go and 3 hours to return.
And yes it is very dangerous ....

#7 ·
Looks pretty much the same as what we have here in the San Francisco Bay Area in CA.

#8 · (Edited)
I'm not a big government lots of restrictive laws kinda guy...I like my freedom.
However,this sort of riding is illegal here in Texas. This is stupid riding. Sometimes we need to write laws to keep people from being stupid.

JMHO ;-)

This video is from the same rider. One day he's going to reap what he sows..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUS-XBfLVEc

#9 ·
I'm not a big government lots of restrictive laws kinda guy...I like my freedom.
However,this sort of riding is illegal here in Texas. This is stupid riding. Sometimes we need to write laws to keep people from being stupid.

JMHO ;-)

This video is from the same rider. One day he's going to reap what he sows..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUS-XBfLVEc
But who is going to get to decide what is stupid. There are those that would say you are being stupid by riding on 2 wheels instead of 4. What mmpanela is doing is apparently acceptable in his environment. There is at least one cycle that is not participating in lane splitting so it is not mandatory. It is a choice and his to make.

There are times I'd like to be able to filter at lights. I feel like I'd knock about 15-20% off my commute time. That is probably not true but the perception remains. I've seen a couple of instances of lane splitting/filtering in FL. When the laws forbid it and the culture doesn't accept it, then it is a really bad idea. I noticed one spot on mmpanela's trip that a semi actually repositioned himself to make room (apparently). In FL that would not be likely.

#10 ·
It is a choice and his to make.
It's certainly a choice he makes..He said himself it's "very dangerous"
Deliberately deciding to put yourself in a much more dangerous situation rather than choose safer, in my opinion is stupid.

#12 ·
Exactly, go back to my original sentence. "in MY opinion"...it's stupid. I get to decide what my opinion is. It's a personal choice...and my personal choice/opinion says it's stupid.

#13 ·
Here in Florida you have a choice if you want to use a helmet. I always wear one but I am glad I have that choice. If you choose not to use a helmet you are required to have at least $10,000 personal accident insurance and be over 21 years old. And I agree with your statement %100. "I'm not a big government lots of restrictive laws kinda guy."

#14 ·
Same here in Texas.....I choose to wear a helmet because I think it's the smart thing to do to protect myself better from injury. I don't want the government making that choice for me.

In theory, I like the idea of lane splitting, especially at red lights or when traffic is at 10mph or so. But, this guy imo was being reckless. OR was he????

On second thought.....it is a different country....different culture. They're not American drivers in the vehicles who are unattentive talking on there cell phones. That's why I can't imagine doing that here.. Those drivers down there, are probably used to motorcycles doing that...so unlike the typical American driver, they're on the lookout for the motorcycle. This would explain the truck moving out of the way. In America, a truck would likely move to get in the way.

#15 ·
Dear friends ,first of all I want to thank friends who watched the video and gave their opinions, but ,as Voltaire said
" I disapprove what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it'.
Maybe my bad English has been the reason that I could not explain my intention.
I posted this video in another topic about top speed , because many owner have this doubt, was then within the context of the topic ,in this same topic , friend ask about the Gopro point view , about the objects appear closer than they really are , So I wanted to clarify that when using a GOPRO camera really objects appear closer, and the best way to compare would be showing during my way back home, where the bikes pass through the cars.
I'm 47 years old, and drive bike since 14 years, I have driven approximately 500.000km only last ten years, in this same road that appears in the video, all this time I had only two slight accidents with oil on the track on rainy days , I drive always with a large margin of safety.
Anyway, I would like to thank opinion and concern of friend dan711,and thank you too friend chatman128 for his words
Of course ,is definitely not my driving stile every day , because I hope enjoy many weekends with my another motorcycle.
Check my youtube chanel mmpanela , I have only two videos about top speed , and many other take delight my bikes ,trust me ,I drive safe always....

regards friends , drive safely !!!

mmpanela

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.