Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one of you has been using an Ipod while riding their burgers? I'm thinking on getting one for myself and use an earphoen splitter for my passenger... what do you guys think???

·
Registered
79 Posts
I agree with you Covert...

Plus, when I'm out, I want to enjoy the scenery, the fresh air, the whole riding experience.... I leave the music for the car..... :)

Kenny

P.S. I've had times when my own thoughts were a distraction - just read my post about my minor mishap - so I can't imagine how distracted I might become if a favorite tune was in my head..... :?

·
Registered
793 Posts
I mix re-writable mp3 CD's and enjoy long music sets away from home. There's too much wind noise over 60 mph on the bike though.

·
Registered
857 Posts
what about books on CD?

Hey AJ - what about books on CD? I'd like to copy some books I have to the MP3 for listening on long trips. (not that i've gone on any yet)

I've just started looking at the MP3 players (for Christmas dontcha know) and am wondering if I can record a book-on-CD (I'm a big Clive Cussler fan) to the MP3. I hope so, and hope to give it a try.

Happy holidays everyone.

·
Registered
793 Posts
flintbobbi,

You sure can record a book.

I bought the $100 Riovolt mp3 disk player instead of the $500 iPod
because alot of my money went into the downpayment of the Burgman.

My Macintosh's iTunes (also for Windoze) application gives me the ability to choose the compression rate for each selection if I want.
This way, I can choose Not Too Much Compression for music (uses more disc space) or Mucho Compression (uses less disk space) for speech, like a Talking Book.

CD-RW's can be re-mixed at will, by copying back into Macintosh, re-arranging, adding then re-burn it!

You can arrange music (low compression) and speech (lots compression) together on the same CD.

My Mac iTunes doesn't care if it's a Riovolt or another computer that plays the finished CD product.

·
Registered
857 Posts
What about the sound volume?

Thanks AJ. I'll check out the Riovolt. I have a Dell computer rather than a Mac, but it sounds like it'll work either way.

What about the sound level? I see your earlier post indicated it isn't loud enough above 60 mph...what headphones do you use? The little i've read on the riovolt indicates that the quality of the earphones that come with it are not that good. Have you tried other headphones? I have a fairly quiet helmet (I think - a HJC CL 14) that has a pocket by the ear for earbuds/phones, but I have not bought a taller shield yet - so I get a lot of windblast since i'm 6'2". I am hoping to order a taller shield from Clearview in January when the "XL's" are ready.

thanks for the info. One more thing to add to my wish list.

·
Registered
793 Posts
The Riovolt came with a set of bud earphones that were useless in my noisy helmet which is the same model as yours. I listen to mp3 tunes off of the bike.

Lately, I've been eyeing the Wind Screen Brace (plastic) that is the part that the windscreen grommets into. This piece determines the angle and height that the windshield is mounted. Having so many projects to do, especially BurgyModule number 1: BurgyBrake, It'll take until next spring to get a plastics outfit to look at this part. I want to see if a replacement Wind Screen Brace with a custom part could possibly give a greater angle and height to the windshield. This change would give us quieter Burgmans at a lower price than a replacement shield.

Burgman 400 owners don't seem to have the problem of wind noise like we 650 owners do and I'm concerned.
I have found a great pair of earplugs at the local drugstore by Flents. They really are snug without pressure to my ear canal and things quiet down 31dB.
They have a small cord attached to each plug to get them out of the ear canal.
I'm going to try to wash them as $2.95 a pair will get pricey on a two day trip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts