Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a pair of riding boots that are reasonable priced with good protection in case of you know what. Obviously I don't need or want the shifter tab on the left foot. Some boots available are downright ugly and/or too expensive for us scooter riders. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
My goal was boots that would be comfortable and provided a level of protection I was okay with. I got a pair of over-the-ankle Keen hiking boots. They/ve got enough leather to provide abrasion protection, are also waterproof, very comfortable and suitable for wearing in any circumstances except suit and tie. There was no break-in involved and, when off the bike can walk in them all day withoug discomfort.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I have a pair of Alpinestar riding boots that don't fit me anymore. They're very lightly used and in good condition. Made in Italy. Size 11. Been meaning to sell them. Just haven't gotten around to it.

View attachment 22409

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Premium Member
647 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm looking for a pair of riding boots that are reasonable priced with good protection in case of you know what. Obviously I don't need or want the shifter tab on the left foot. Some boots available are downright ugly and/or too expensive for us scooter riders. Any suggestions?
Thanks all for your suggestions. I will research them.

·
Premium Member
14,316 Posts
For warmer weather riding I wear Bates Ultra-Lite boots. They are lite weight, have a side zipper for east off and on, allow a little ventilation, are easy to walk in and provide decent protection. You can usually find them for around $80 at sporting goods stores.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
For warmer weather riding I wear Bates Ultra-Lite boots. They are lite weight, have a side zipper for east off and on, allow a little ventilation, are easy to walk in and provide decent protection. You can usually find them for around $80 at sporting goods stores.
Can you really get them off and on without re-lacing them ?
Good boot by the way , they get high marks from 99% of buyers .
I've got some Wolverines (same company) and they've been great ,
super comfortable even after 3 years of wear . That said , it's about
time to replace . Any 8 inch boot will offer as much protection as any
very expensive motorcycle boot , so buy what you like that's comfortable .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have a set of Nitro, side zip with a Velcro flap over them Left over from my Buell days. $70 from most motorcycle wholesalers .

Mostly now I wear my Blundstroms. Now that I don't have a foot shifter I won't scuff the toe.

Blakers

·
Registered
123 Posts
Until last year I rode with hiking boots that were over 10 years old that I had ordered from Cabelas' online. These were great boots for hiking and I thought for mc riding, but then in March of last year when I broke my ankle in two places I started to wonder if maybe I need something better. That is why I bought the Tour Master Response 2.0 boot and maybe in the same situation it wouldn't have saved my ankle, but I can feel a real difference in shock absorption in these boots over the hiking boots. At around $94 ($5 gift card) I think they are reasonable and so comfortable. Some other features.

• Water-repellent leather and PU upper
  • HiPora® waterproof, breathable membrane
  • 3M ScotchLite™ on rear area for night-time safety
  • VR single density compound sole for reliable grip
  • 100% Polyester round laces plus adjustable Velcro® flap for easy fastening
  • Molded nylon ankle guard
  • Shock absorbing latex foam flex panels
  • Leather shift pad
  • Tecno GI® thermoplastic heel cup and toe cap
  • Preformed orthopedic vibration absorbing foot bed

·
Premium Member
14,316 Posts
Can you really get them off and on without re-lacing them ?
Yes. You lace them up the first time you put them on then thereafter you use the zipper. It's easier to get them on and off with the zipper than by unlacing them.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
I too like Bates boots very much. I order them from Gall's online. My favorite tactical gear shop.
For winter boots I go with Baffin boots for their insulated sole's to keep my sole warm. :cool: They have the best thermal break for the bottoms of their boots over any of the others imho....and that's usually the part that gets chilly first.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I too like Bates boots very much. I order them from Gall's online. My favorite tactical gear shop.
For winter boots I go with Baffin boots for their insulated sole's to keep my sole warm. :cool: They have the best thermal break for the bottoms of their boots over any of the others imho....and that's usually the part that gets chilly first.
Which one ? and can you walk in them without walking / looking like a Frankenstein monster ? :D I'm looking for a pair of sub-zero boots , I sent back a pair from Cabelas that were supposed to be good to 140 below zero , NOT !!! Then I bought a pair of HMK Team Boa Focus snowmobile boots , I put them on and they crushed the bridge of both feet . Needless to mention they went back also .

TheReaper!

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Marv, I love my Alpinestars but I see you live in Florida and think they are too hot for there. I the summer I wear First gear 8in boots with steel shank ( for starting the Honda 200) sure wish it had a electric starter!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts