1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Burgman washed – Check
Tire pressure OK – Check
Riding gear on – Check
Walking cane strapped to Burgman – Urrmmm ... check?

Yep. I'm still walking with a cane (only as a backup support), but am allowed to go riding a little bit again. :blob5: Doc said I could (after I annoyed him until he said OK ;) ) as long as I am careful and don't twist the hip too much. I wonder .... is 50 miles considered a 'lil bit'? :tongue: I've been looking forward to riding again for weeks and am very happy to no longer be stuck in the house or relying on others for transportation. If the same holds true as before surgery, the Burgman is a lot more comfortable than trying to drive the truck. We'll see how it goes today!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Go for it Bill - great news and glad you are well on the way towards recovery.

It goes without saying - but - take it easy!

:) :)

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Norman. I'll be taking it very easy till I'm sure how comfortable riding is going to feel.

·
Registered
355 Posts
billmeek said:
the Burgman is a lot more comfortable than trying to drive the truck.
Funny you should mention that... A week or so ago I bruised my tailbone. Been riding the Burg for the last several days of sunshine and thought I was just about healed, till I took my 2004 Toyota Matrix today. OUCH! It amazes me that The Scoot was so much more gentle on a very tender tailbone.

WELCOME BACK TO TWO WHEELS BILL!!!

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Welcome back aboard..........Now don't be using that cane to swipe at wayward cages :wink:

·
Registered
311 Posts
It' good to hear that you're able to ride. Go for it and good luck!!! If ya go south, turn back when the wind gets really strong--ya know ya went too far toward the hurricane. Have a great ride.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for the well wishes. Had a great day. Didn't put too many miles on in a single strech. But did several short rides with no problems. As before, I can ride the Burgman MUCH better than trying to drive a cage. Now if I can just talk the doc into writing me a perscription for a Corbin seat... :lol:

·
Registered
105 Posts
I didn't realize you were laid up.

I've heard it said that persuing one's interests and passions can help in the healing process. From reading your posts, I am confident you will heal very quickly.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Dennis. Doc has already chewed me out for 'progressing too quickly'. I took a longer ride today and found out I will not be touring for awhile. :( Still, I appreciate being able to get out and about a bit. Even the forums (great as ya'll people are) don't come near the pleasure of actually riding.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The first pic looks like fun! For some reason the second pic made me think of Dave Letterman's 'Stupid pet tricks'. :p

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Bill
Also glad your back to riding,don't push to much at first
except for the Corbin seat which I feel sure we all think you need.
If you could get the doc to write you a prescription maybe your insurance would cover it :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks all :!: :!: :!:

I decided yesterday to take a cruise up to see my son at college. He's been there 4 weeks and I'd not even seen his dorm yet. The ride is a little bit shorter than what my commute to work will be and since I am scheduled to be back at work in just over a week, thought it a good time to try the ride. Overall the ride was great. Great day for riding. There was tons of other riders out taking advantage of it. Saw my sons dorm room and ate lunch with him. Gave him some spare cash (college students always need spare cash). Then I headed home. Bought a spare helmet while up there....and dropped it while moving stuff around in the trunk. ARRGGH! Now I have a brand new helmet with scratches on the faceshield. Rode home and decided the new helmet is not as comfortable as my old 3/4. Wasted money. :( Not sure if it was the riding or the walking I did around campus (or a combination of the 2), but my butt is very sore. I skipped riding today.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Riding Again!

Billmeek, good that you are out and about on the scoot again.

Looking at the guy on the maroon job, you don't need the Corbin seat, just look at the guy, acres of seat unused behind his butt!

Regards

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Somehow I just can't see myself riding in that postion for over an hour to work. :lol:

·
Registered
209 Posts
pauljo said:
Aw heck, Bill. Pretty soon you'll be riding Deal's Gap like this!
Any reason that guy is hunched forward like that? I can take my bike down like that without the forward hunch... Actually, I think it goes down further than that... What is that bike anyway?

...and Bill, don't believe everything a doctor tells you. Find a good nurse who also rides motorcycles, and take his/her advice instead!! 8) But do take it easy.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts