Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I weight 280 lbs. and wife weighs 200 so obviously we're making our '08 400 work pretty hard on take-off. When we're underway it seems fine as 60mph is around 6000rpm. My question is, it seems that everyone uses 18 gm sliders for better performance. One member seemed to really like the 16 gm sliders he installed. I'm looking for much better take-off and if we can comfortably cruise at 65-70 mph that will be fine. Is there a reason why I should or shouldn't go with the 16 gm weights? Your knowledge and thoughts are much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Any DPS from 16 to 18g should be good, as they reduce the start off gear ratio and also change to higher ratio later than standard rollers (late shift).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Joe, what sliders weights did you finally end up installing in your 2008 400? I also am thinking about changing my rollers and going with Dr. Pulley sliders, the wife and I do a lot of 2 up riding and I was getting a shutter the other day when starting out. my 08 belt has never been changed as far as I know, so going to replace the belt plus sliders when I can figure out what weight is best for 2 up riding on the 400.. So if you have put in new sliders please drop me a answer so I can order mine and get back on the road..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts