Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering what the majority of riders use for communications for bike to bike? CB or frs type radios ? Cb can talk with anyone FRS only to like units. I want to get something that would be with the majority in case of group rides. Iv'e been checking the Baehr system out ...looks good and is not all that bad once you do the money exchange rate especially if performs as indicated and reviewed. What are some of the groups opinions? Can check out on http://www.webbikeworld.com or www. Challenger MotorsLTD.com Happy Safe Riding eyes5002

·
Registered
46 Posts
Chatterbox.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Eyes,

If you want bike to bike communications to the majority of bikers, you must have a 40 chan CB. Honda, Harley and other factory CB installs are ALL 40 cahn CB radios. All motorcycle clubs use CB. FRS radios don't have enough power for bike to bike.

I use a Maxon Trucker CB I bought from WalMart for $29 and it works great. It is mounted under a shelf that spans the handlebars. I also ordered the Baehr Ultima XL from BaehrUSA. I will be installing it and road testing it in the next few weeks.

Fred

1 - 4 of 4 Posts