Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again.

I'm 5'4", would that pose a problem when coming to a stop? (I want the be able to put both my feet flat on the road when at a stop) :roll:

Does anyone else have insights into this?

ladyjulie

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
A friend of mine is under 5'. She used to ride a Pacific Coast which her husband lowered for her. It was still too heavy and high for her so she switched to a Silver Wing and bought boots with about a 3" heel. She rides all over the US and does just fine. So, if need be you could always just buy big heeled boots.

I'm 5'5" with a 27" inseam and I ride a B'Man 650 with no problem. My feet don't both go flat on the ground when I'm stopped but more than enough to keep me up and stable. If I slide to the front of the seat (still sitting) both my feet are flat on the ground.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
The 400 Burgman has the lowest seat height of any of the big scooters -- 27.5 inches if I remeber correctly. The Silver Wing is 29 inches, the Yamaha Majesty is 29.5 inches, and the 650 Burgman is 29.5 inches.

I would think you'd be comfortable on a B400. 5'4" isn't too short, and women are usually 'leggier' than men. (thank God for that! :wink: ) So you probably wouldn't need soles that are too thick.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Hi Ladyjulie,

I choice the Burg 400 because I could reach the ground. I'm 5'4'' and inseam 30". Yes, the seat height is 27.5 inches.

I have had my Burg for 2 months now and love it. Over 2900 miles on it.
Longest ride in one day was 400 miles. That was back roads, interstates and city riding.

Ride safe, have fun :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hi Lady,

I'm 5'4" with a 26" inseam and ride a B400. My seat height is 27" (Corbin Close Seat) and when I stop, only the balls of my feet touch the ground. Sometimes I am on tipy toes. However the scooter is so stable that I have not found that to be a problem. If I need to back up I move towards the nose of the scooter and am able to just about flat foot it, backwards. And of course you can always buy boots with thicker heels and soles.

You will love this machine. Go for it :)

Evelyn

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm 5'1" and find I can just about flat foot the 400--I certainly feel comfortable at stops. The only thing I watch is how the road tilts.

I tried the 650 and while I think I could have handled it while it was moving, I could not even begin to flat foot it or come close to that, so I didn't buy it. And the 650 apparently can't be lowered without interfering with the ride/safety.

The 400 fits me well--hope you find it works for you.
Bryna

·
Registered
18 Posts
Lady,
I also doubt that you would have any problem on the 400 Burgman. A little trick that may even help you more is that you can slide forward even a little bit on the seat, it is narrower there giving you even more room to plant your foot. Good luck, and have fun. I love my 400!
Hank

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am a little under 5'4 with a 27" inseam. I wear a pair of Doc Martins boots and am able to flat foot on my Burgman 400. I am able to walk it around with no trouble (into garage, backing it up in parking lots, etc.) and coming to stops while riding is no problem. I also have the seat rest in the full forward position and am very comfortable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts