·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Good Tip on putting Emergency Medical Info on rear of helmet.

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Speed Bump for the week-end readers.

·
Registered
273 Posts
One other thing is always check the victim's ankles and wrists if you have access. At least in the US, a lot of people wear medical alert bracelets. However, for various reasons, some people wear them around their ankles instead. The medical alert neckless has largely fallen out of favor.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Actually I have my medical information on the top (crown) of my helmet. With it on the back the medical info can't be seen if an injured rider is on his back. With mine on the top, I'd have to be standing on my head for it not to be seen.

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually I have my medical information on the top (crown) of my helmet. With it on the back the medical info can't be seen if an injured rider is on his back. With mine on the top, I'd have to be standing on my head for it not to be seen.
That’s even better than on the back....first person there would not need to move your head or neck . Great Thinking and Sharing !

Reactions: Steve_YYZ

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I like the "reset your tripmeter" idea.

Some GPS phone apps (I use CoPilot) can display your current latitude/longitude, or at the least it should be available somewhere in the settings. If Google Maps or the Android OS does this, I can't figure out where to find it.

Figure out how to find it so you can get a position fix even without cell coverage.

Another trick (kinda) I use is to listen to streaming internet radio (Pandora or Spotifiy or whatever the kids are using these days would work too). This lets me know when I have cell coverage without watching the phone constantly (the audio stream quits when I'm out of it) so in case of a mishap I know the last point back along my route where phone service is available.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts