Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this machine, after 40 years on a variety of bikes, but I can see that as the rider I need a backrest.....I saw a modification using the existing butt support, but could not get the screws out under the seat...the phillips drivers would not break the retaing screws loose.....How can I get the 2 screws out without worming them out or can I find an after market backrest to purchase?.....

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Ev Brewer

They are tough little buggers. Adjust the butt pad until you can get a little room around them, use a small vise grip and twist it hard. They will pop out.

Once out, toss them. They are safety stops. Not used to hold the butt pad in place with the adjustment mechanism.

Hope it helps

Bill

·
Registered
111 Posts
i made a dandy back rest for my burgy and posted it on the site under Corvairbob. check it out easy to make keep the but rest i case you still need and if you sell the burgy take it off and put it on another bike. if you fail to find it e-mail me with your real e-mail address and i will send you your own personal pictures of the setup. if you have a mechanical ability or friend that has one the parts can be made in about 2-4 hours plus the time to make the cover. i used mine without the cover for the first year with no ill effects but the cover just makes a better looking set. bob p.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I bought one of jac's backrest conversions and never used it. It's for sale at a discount if your interested.
Perry R.
--------

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ev Brewer said:
I saw a modification using the existing butt support, but could not get the screws out under the seat...the phillips drivers would not break the retaing screws loose.....How can I get the 2 screws out without worming them out or can I find an after market backrest to purchase?.....
I found it easier to remove the screws once the seat is removed from the scooter and placed upside down on top of a table or floor (protect the seat cover) applying my body weight to the phillips head screw driver worked for me. Plan "B" would have been using an impact driver with phillips attachment. My screws are still reuseable. BTW, I went with the Utopia rider's backrest which I'm very happy with. Keep in mind that the Utopia can be adjusted for tilt while riding.

·
Registered
111 Posts
here is a link to the gallery. if it fails to work go to the gallery and search for corvairbob's burgy. scan the pictures for the drivers backrest.

http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/corvairbo ... y/MVC_015E

i have added a cover the this back rset since these pictures. seems every one wants to add the dumb looking butt stop. can't figure out why anyone would want that dumb thing as a back rest but to ea. there own !

anyway if anyone is interested it mine drop me a note. corvairbob. if you live in south west mi say the muskegon area and want a 650 drop me a note i'm in the market for a 400. just dont care for the 650. also looking for a suzuki x-90 mercury capri 90-93 90-95 lebaron convert or 90-95 sunbird convert. in the same areas. anyone see thes around drop me a note to [email protected] thanks bob p.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts