Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah yeah yeah - most you ppl seem to be retired. Buncha 'ol duffers!!!ffffftttt! :wink:

Naw - really I havent been riding all too much because I've been using the cage to beat the humidity and heat. I'm ashamed! :oops:

BUT....TODAY....I rode to work, rode home for lunch, rode back to work, and rode home. I haven't riden in about 6 days and it was nice to tool around. **** armored mesh jacket is not uncomfortable at all in these climes!

Funny thing was... I only saw about 6 bikes during that 28 mile 4 way ride (~7miles each way!)

Hmmm. There was the threat of rain (40%) - but so what?

Did you non-retired ppl remember that today was the day?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I would have rode to work today but I'm taking IronRanger's advice.
(and I hate every second of it)

I too did not notice any more motorcycles on the road today. If I would have found out about this a few months ago I would have taken flyers to the local shops.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've been riding it to work every night since early June unless its raining when I leave the house. Figure I've saved $50 in gas so far. Usual # of bikes out today here in the birthplace of aviation
(Reckon someone will make wings for the Burgie someday? <grin>)

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I got out and rode today. I'm a college professor that doesn't teach in the summers, so the trip was just to the grocery store. Heat index of 106 today, and supposed to be hotter tomorrow. I've been installing the railing on my new deck, and sweating like a pig. Right before the ride I aimed the water hose straight up and gave it a squirt. The baby rain shower got me cold wet enough that the ride was fairly cool as the water evaporated.

Dave B.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
We normally have 5 or so bikes here on any given day.

Last night I was told to "cone off" the whole front row of parking at the Operations building, except for the Disabled spaces.

We had 30 bikes here at one point according to the official count (out of 115 coach operators and about 20 support staff assigned today).

Mine's still the only scooter. :D

I awoke early (for me) so I could wash and wax mine. Got to work at 16:45. They'd already taken the annual photo, and all the managers and many drivers had left for the day. :(

Next year I'll show up at lunch time.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Been ridin the 400 since I got it two weeks ago! I never want to go back to the cage :D Still, guess I have to go back when it rains. One thing I have noticed is the amazing surge of Harley's here in the bay area! Haven't seen any fellow burgers, but I have been getting a ton of questions at stoplights. Today it seemed more people were on bikes than cages!

·
Registered
83 Posts
As I wrote on another discussion board...

It was a beautiful Ride to Work day in the Bay Area, and I took advantage of it by riding to work. Of course, since sometime in December, I've ridden to work all but one day. On that day, I took public transportation.

First stop was building 6, where my group was having a picnic on the ALS patio. Forgot to take pictures of that. If you've see Ang Lee's "The Hulk", it's the area where Stan Lee and Lou Ferrigno are talking. Parked there when I arrived was a small scooter. When I left, a blue R1150RT was there.

After the picnic, a bit down the hill to my building. There I found fewer bikes than normal, though some of the usual suspects. Go figure.

I'll be leaving shortly after I send this, and thus will bring to a close another Ride to Work day that I've used as an excuse to ride to work. Most days, I used parking, splitting, toll savings, and simple enjoyment as the reasons.

Greg

·
Registered
19 Posts
yep I rode today as well although I ride every day rain hail shine ...I just love it...
debs

·
Registered
74 Posts
I rode my 400S to the commuter train station - does that count :wink:

I have a 40 km commute from my actual house to my office, which takes about 2 1/2 hours during rush hour traffic. I didn't notice a lot more motorcycles on the road in Hamilton, but then biking is a popular and common mode of transportation in the Hammer. I did notice quite a few more bikes in Toronto where I actually work.

One of the things I like best about my Burgie - when I stop at stop signs all the young kids yell at me "nice ride" - they are so cute.

Patti

·
Registered
70 Posts
Rode mine yesterday. I actually ride everyday that I can, Humidity or not. It has been in the 90's here with humidity around 80%, but I feel that I just have to ride. It's an addiction, I need my fix. So far since May I have accumulated 3100 miles.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I rode to work yesterday. Originally was not going to because of the humidity, but my boss wanted me to. But somehow he managed to forget to ride his bike in... also only saw about 3 bikes and scoots all day long.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
4DThinker said:
I've been installing the railing on my new deck, and sweating like a pig.
This sounds like the longest deck installation in history. Just how many acres does it cover?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Wednesday morning a thunderstorm rolled through the greater Minneapolis/St. Paul area about 5:00 AM, gone by 7:00. The roads were mostly dry by 8:00.

I rode my maxiscooter to work to find my normal parking lot nearly void of motorcycles. On most summer days there is easily two dozen or more bikes there. Wednesday due to the early morning storm there were five, counting mine. I also walk past a couple of places where scooters park, 49~150cc type machines. Usually there are 8 to 10 of them there, Wednesday only one.

Apparently for Minnesota, it was "Ride-To-Work-Only-If-The-Weather-Is-Perfect-Day."

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I couldnt ride to work as I am still waiting to get my bike back . :evil: The stupid morons were waiting for back ordered parts before they started reassembly. They finally got the parts in and put the bike up on the hoist to start........and realized they were missing the headlight assembly. It was on the parts list but the friggin morons forgot to order it. GRRRRRRRRRR! So they go to order it and yep you guessed it.......... Friggin Backordered....... :violent1:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I think in Florida our Ride to Work Day should be in the middle of winter, not the middle of summer. We got up early to ride and it was raining. Then we thought about riding in the evening and it was raining. :(

Oh well, maybe next year. I didn't see anymore bikes out on the roads than usual down here.

Janine :)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Kev:

I guess the moral of that story is: never hire a contractor who rides a Burgie. 8)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts