Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received the Ride On tire sealant I ordered. I am going to install it in the tires on my 650 tomorrow and will report back with updates as to how it has effected the tire balance and handling. Also if I ever pick up a nail in my tire I will post another update on whether it prevented a flat.

Since I bought my bike I have been concerned about having a flat and either loosing control and crashing or getting stranded in the middle of nowhere. The Ride On tire sealant is the only product I have been able to find that is supposed to protect against flats, balance the wheels and can be used at high speed. I actaully bought some Slime tire sealant first, but when I got home and read the fine print I discovered it says not to use it over 65 miles per hour and that it can cause balancing problems with your tires.

Anyways, here is the product link for anyone interested: http://www.ride-onshop.com/Products-Motorcycles.html

·
Registered
413 Posts
Thanks for the posting & link. Much appreciated. Might buy some for the Pirellis that I am putting on. The added benefit of dynamic balancing sounds like a great daily benefit along with the peace of mind in case of a puncture. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Sounds interesting! Would you also include any difference in MPG you experience? Added mass might lower MPG a tad. I'm interested in hearing more on this product and the benefits as well! :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for the info.

Went to the link and read everything about the product. Looks like what I've been wanting. Just ordered a batch for my K400. I'm too old to worry about flats etc.. Gordon

·
Registered
319 Posts
Ride-On is supposed to be better than other products like Slime as it's not supposed to corrode the rims and washes off with water hose pressure when tires are changed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ride on

I have been using ride-on for a long time. It doesn't effect the mileage. The balance is perfect. I have noticed some front tire vibration around 90 mph but I don't think it is from the ride-on. I had one puncture in the rear tire that it couldn't seal and I had to put a plug in to get home. I will always add it when I install new tires. It is only $10 per tire and could save you a lot of trouble.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I installed the Ride On today in my tires and went out and took a 10 mile ride to fully distribute the product as recommended in the instructions. So far I can only say that like Dennis the Ride On seems to have had no adverse affect on the tire balance or wheel vibration. It may even have improved it, I can't really tell since the bike was so smooth before I put it in. It has given me the desired sense of security that I was seeking and the knowledge that I have done everything reasonably possible to avoid a flat.

I will keep the forum updated if I should pick up a nail or something in the tire and whether it prevents the flat or not...

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have only one question.

Why do most tire stores post that they will not service tires that have sealants in them?

Is Ride On different in composition than other sealants?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Camrahn said:
I have only one question. Why do most tire stores post that they will not service tires that have sealants in them? Is Ride On different in composition than other sealants?
Just imagine how you would feel if after years of simply letting air out of a tire to begin the process of changing one, you discover a gunky mess fouling the valve and your tire changing equipment. I'd probably ban the stuff, despite it's miracle properties.

Clean-up with water may at least be a significant advance over previous products that had to be cleaned off with laquer thinner or worse.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Thanks,

I knew there had to be a reason.

·
Registered
188 Posts
This is an old thread, I know, but brought back to relevance by modern "new car practice". I don't know about United States, but Europe and UK supply most NEW cars without a spare wheel.
Instead, we get a "get you home kit" - essentially a can of gloop and a small electric pump. I asked my tyre supplier/fitter if he had a problem with this and he says not. Like he says, if you had to throw away every flat that came in on a new-ish car, people wouldn't like it.
[edited] So I installed Slime "Goop" in the bikes, believing that it was better to mend any puncture, before the tyre went flat. 8 years later, as far as I can tell, SUCCESS. No middle of nowhere flats. Tyres changed when due without problem. Wheel balance not (obviously) upset.
Goop.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,032 Posts
Dave_J uses Ride On .... he may need two shots for his rear tire.

·
Premium Member
13,099 Posts
Some aerosol seal/inflator cans use
I have only one question.

Why do most tire stores post that they will not service tires that have sealants in them?

Is Ride On different in composition than other sealants?
some sealants use a combustible gas as a pressure agent a spark from a ferrous tire tool can cause the service techs skivvies significant damage. slime is a sealant and mechs hate it and may charge extra for "cleaning the rim" bu I don't know of any who will refuse to do it

·
Administrator
20,670 Posts
I have used 'Ride On' and 'Slime'. Both are messy when changing tires but a quick spritz with the hose works.

Do NOT use these with 'Dyna-Beads'. This is a clumpy mess.
Do NOT use these with Tire Pressure Monitor Systems (TPMS) as it may plug up the sensors.

Most Tire fix-a-flat now use nitrous-oxide as the propellant. But it has a sulfur dioxide additive to make you puke if you try to get high.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I use Ride-on in my motorcycles and I ordered tires for out new to us 2005 400 and I will be putting it in those tires also. So far it has worked well for me.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Have used Ride On in a1999 Harley, Several 650 and one 400 Burgmans, also a 2008 Honda Silverwing with each tire change that were many. It works as advertised. Paid $16.99 plus tax for one 7 oz bottle today. It is getting expensive if you are replacing a lot of tires.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just changed my rear tire on my Royal star yesterday it was one year and 10,500 miles and had Ride-on balancer in it. It was still fluid in the tire the little bit that was in my rim wiped off easy with a rag. New tire on and I will be putting Ride-on in it also.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts