Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey, that looks like me doing my slow speed maneuverability excercises. Dead giveaway seeing how far the bike is leaned over. Did not know anyone was filming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That camera shot and angle just makes it looks so impressive. You would think that the curb feeler sensor alarm would have gone off by this point.

·
Premium Member
10,050 Posts
Paging wspollack ! show em the pic of your curvy scuff.
Okay.

Back in 2016 and 2017, I found time to do some track days on my 2008 Exec (the same one that's now for sale, in the classifieds here) at Palmer Motorsports Park in MA (after doing some track days the year before, and also that year, on my Victory bagger, but I digress).

Here are some pics from 2016:

Tire Wheel Sports equipment Motorcycle helmet Sports gear

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Helmet Vehicle

Tire Wheel Helmet Vehicle Motorcycle helmet

And here are some pics from 2017:

Footwear Wheel Tire Helmet Motorcycle

Tire Wheel Motorcycle helmet Sports gear Helmet

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Helmet Vehicle

If anyone's interested in some videos of those days, I have two of the 2016 twenty-minute sessions on-line and five of the 2017 sessions, accessible via this page:

I was much younger back then, of course. Now at 74, I am a much more sedate rider. For example, in this brief video from two months ago -- on that very same Big Burger that's now for sale -- I'm coming home from a day's goofing-off ride:

·
Premium Member
10,050 Posts
Paging wspollack ! show em the pic of your curvy scuff.
Or were you talking about this pic, from 2010, on my first (red '07) Exec, after taking an on-ramp (to the Taconic Pkwy) in a spirited manner (loud noise, but no handling issues):

Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
10,050 Posts
That’s the one… !
74…..keep building the bridges for us younger pups.
I hesitate to do this, because this thread isn't in the "Non-Burgman Scooter" sub-forum, but, what the heck, here's that same exit ramp, but on my new 400 Beemer scooter, from three days ago:

Reactions: SemBurg

·
Premium Member
10,050 Posts
Probably low 30s. I don’t specifically recall, but there might have been some banking involved, which complicates matters.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay.

Back in 2016 and 2017, I found time to do some track days on my 2008 Exec (the same one that's now for sale, in the classifieds here) at Palmer Motorsports Park in MA (after doing some track days the year before, and also that year, on my Victory bagger, but I digress).

Here are some pics from 2016:

View attachment 99316

View attachment 99317

View attachment 99318

And here are some pics from 2017:

View attachment 99319

View attachment 99320

View attachment 99321

If anyone's interested in some videos of those days, I have two of the 2016 twenty-minute sessions on-line and five of the 2017 sessions, accessible via this page:

I was much younger back then, of course. Now at 74, I am a much more sedate rider. For example, in this brief video from two months ago -- on that very same Big Burger that's now for sale -- I'm coming home from a day's goofing-off ride:

2017 pics your wings are retracted, go faster? I don't see any sparks, keep leaning!

·
Premium Member
10,050 Posts
2017 pics your wings are retracted, go faster? I don't see any sparks, keep leaning!
1) Retracted:

Yep, the mirrors account for a certain amount of air resistance, certainly. I must've wised up, a year later.

2) Sparks:

Here is a pic of me (on my '07 Exec) at Deals Gap, Tail of the Dragon, whatever you want to call it, taken by chief resident photographer Killboy, back in August 2008.

(I ride each new-ish bike I get down there at least once, to get some nice photos. I have an advantage because one of my daughters lives in Asheville, about two hours away; so I can spend a few days visiting, but also take a day off to get some Gap photos. Best to do this on, say, a Wednesday, c. 10am, to avoid crowds. I bought pics of that particular day not only from Killboy, but also from ZeeFoto and US129Photos.)

In any event, if you look at this one pic in full size (and you may have to save it, in order to do so), you can just make out a trail of sparks, emanating from that left centerstand tang, back to the rear tire:

Wheel Tire Helmet Motorcycle helmet Automotive lighting

3) No (Visible) Sparks, But Leaned Enough, Anyway:

If you watch -- and, equally importantly, listen -- to this video of one of the morning sessions of that 2017 track day on my '08 Exec, well, you can hear a nice crunch -- undoubtedly the centerstand -- and see the handling get a little squirrelly because of that.

Crank up the volume and pay attention at the 1:25 mark:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice!! Thanks for sharing. I scraped my stand last weekend in a left hander which came as a Suprise. I was two up and I was not expecting it. Must have been due to the additional weight.

You have a riding buddy with video?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I absolutely love these videos that is beautiful country. What are you dragging in your hard rights, is that your exhaust can?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I absolutely love these videos that is beautiful country. What are you dragging in your hard rights, is that your exhaust can?
" Nufenen Pass is the highest mountain pass with a paved road within Switzerland. It lies between the summits of Pizzo Gallina and the Nufenenstock."

Yes, beautiful. But not me riding it, unfortunately. Same guy has done most of "The Passes" there.
Here's the first one I came across - Posted on here already..

·
Premium Member
10,050 Posts
Nice!! Thanks for sharing. I scraped my stand last weekend in a left hander which came as a Suprise. I was two up and I was not expecting it. Must have been due to the additional weight.

You have a riding buddy with video?
If that's a question for me: nope, my riding buddy doesn't have a camera on his bike.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts