Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left home this morn at 20F with Gerbing electrics running full blast. Rode nice and warm about 30 miles to where our scooter group meets for breakfast. Three of us showed up on scoots and 6 others, believing the forcast of snow, came in cages. Sure enuf, midway thru breakfast it started with a hard fine dry snow. We decided it was not a good riding day and departed an hour later. Cars, trucks, and wind kept the roads clear. Of the three new attendees, one owned a Lardy and all three had larger bikes...one a trike. One regular is looking for a scoot, probably a 400.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Good to hear the Gerbings did their job at 20 degrees. I haven't used mine yet below 30 degrees. The way it's snowing right now (and with 8 - 12 inches forecast for this weekend) I don't plan on riding anytime soon.
A number of years ago, two buddies and I went to a M/C show at Valley Forge, PA. on our bikes. When we came out it was raining. On the way home it changed to freezing rain, sleet and then snow. By the time I got home (about 80 miles) my Venture and I were totally encased in ice and snow. Never again! Now, I always listen to (and believe) the weather forecaster.
Don

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don, must have been a misrable ride; I don't like rain at any temp, much less freezing rain. I should note that over my Gerbing jacked I also wore a fairly thin leather jacket. This makes it more snug, holding the electrics closer to the body for max heat. As I'm writing this now, at 3:30pm est, the sun is shinning! Some snow!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts