Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on an '04 650 with 35,500 miles, and this past winter my F1 light came on twice (after the bike had not been ridden for a month and change--it was unpleasant in Chicago...). I hadn't read LeDude's notes (nor this board) about what said light represents when it happened, so I fueled up, the light went off, and that was that. (I have since gone throuhg the notes on this forum.)
The general idea from my mechanic was that something got frozen/clogged, thawed itself out, and all was fine.
move to last week: I just got back from a trip to Boston and all was going fine until about 40 miles form home--F1 goes on again, no loss of power, nothing weird save the light, and I hadn't extracted the circuit tester dealie from under the seat, so again, I don't know what the code was, and the bike has been acting fine since (I've only gone about another 80 miles on it.)
where this is all going: I'm taking the bike to my mechanic for a "serious" tune up (transmission check, etc), and am wondering if I should just have them also look at the fuel injection and all wiring / electricals to see if something is afoot.
thanks for any input,
Blake

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Likely you will have to catch the code in the act. You have two options either leave the test switch connected and hanging out from the seat or be quick in cycling the key popping the seat. I have found its possible to put the bike on the center stand, turn the key off quickly to pop the seat and restart the bike quickly retaining the F1 light and code. There is about 23 different codes one could have depending.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too had an F1 code come on and not a minute later I lost power and it seems something has gone wrong with the clutch or transmission. The dealer quoted
a $3,000 price to fix it. Since it's an 04 I can't see spending that much for the
repair.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I too had an F1 code come on and not a minute later I lost power and it seems something has gone wrong with the clutch or transmission. The dealer quoted
a $3,000 price to fix it. Since it's an 04 I can't see spending that much for the
repair.
CVT likely, possibly the splines like my '03 and LeDudes '04.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts