Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Few weeks ago, I rode the burgy along the country and experience some adventures for a cold coke and took the time to review the "stock backrest riser" from Burgmanbrothers.com, Cary contact me and in about a week I got the product at my front door, that was fast, considering I'm stationed in Santiago.

Anyways, as you open up the package, you will realize there have been a lot thought and engineering work put into the design and build of the piece. All holes match perfectly the metal is sturdy and heavy enough to take on any rider weight.

It comes with all the things you would need to customize the experience, you will get lot of nuts, washers, spacers to make it fit your needs.

Installation wise, takes about 7 minutes, removing the stock backrest, removing the metal plate on it and putting the new backplate riser in place.

You will need a ratchet 10mm, an allen wrench 7mm, and a phillips screw to remove the screw holding the backrest in place.

It took a trip of around 200 miles with it and just love it, I've been in trying out backrests for a few time, I got the bearcat backrest, It just wasn't for me, it was too way back for my taste.

You will be sitting in an up right position if you like but you can recline backwards anytime with no problem and the plate will bend without any issues, then it will return to its original position.

The combination of the Airhawk and this backrest riser, made me feel I was watching TV in my favorite coach, strong wide backsupport from the same stock "butt rest" now fixed by the backrest riser.

pros:
- Well engineered product
- Fast Shipping
- Easy to install, less than 7m
- You're dealing directly with the owner Cary, which is very responsive and will hear your feedback and strive to make sure you're happy with the product.
- Made in the USA

cons:
- It's summer here and long rides made my back sweat since I installed the back protector to my summer jacket.
- It will reduce the space for the pillion, if he/she is big, may fit tight in there
- There is a little play in the tubes that go through under seat that will hit the plastic when you're riding on pot holes.

I recommend this product, I've made a short video to show you how to install and some impressions about it, check it out:

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Way more Less Parts then the Brothers Back Rest!!!
One thing about these back Rest is that there need lots of Toque on the screws and Bolts which extend to comes loose..

Elliott,

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Will Love to have one of those seat Covers, My seat is OK but the corners are wearing down. will Add this link to my Bookmarks.

one thing about the Stock seats is there to Stiff and need more Foam padding, i Added some under my Stock seat Cover, But with this new Seat Cover will Add More to make it more Softer......

Elliott,

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Nice job on the video Fernando. You showed the process to be very easy.
Thanks for sharing.
Ride safe,
Wes

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
One thing about these back Rest is that there need lots of Toque on the screws and Bolts which extend to comes loose..
The nuts included are nylock, so they do not slip off. They cost a few more pennies but are worth it.

The plates are 1/8 inch steel. They do not bend. However, when you add any type of extension there is some rattling that appears to be bending. It is actually the post having a slight bit of wiggle room.

One of the important factors was trying to get that angle correct so you can scoot a little forward on the seat and lean back. Also included are 18mm spacers so you can push the buttpad a little more forward if so desired. You can also place washers/spacers at the top of the frame to increase the forward tilt.

One important note**** Notice when he sits on the seat that the buttocks do not hit the back of the frame. I tried to find that perfect sweet spot to give support but not to be resting on the frame. Unfortunately with any extension, it will take away from any passengers comfort zone.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Great to see the final product!
The prototype looked very promising.
I LOVE the spacer idea. ;)
Do I get a testers discount? :D

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I let the name Burgmanseats.com go. I currently use the name BurgmanBrothers.com. I will send you a PM. I will tell you, that unless you have a US postal box, it will cost about $150 to get it to you due to customs and international shipping. The border has halted many international sales.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts