Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to introduce myself. My wife and I live in Ruskin Florida and have a "destination" trailer where we spend our summers just outside Franklin, Nc. I ride with a group of retired guys out of Sun City Center Florida during the winter months and with many of the NC. campers during the spring summer and fall around the mountains.
I previously owned a 2007 Burgman 650 moved to a BMW F650 and it was just too tall for me and I loved the scooter so I bought a close out 2012 400. Yes the 650 is quick but I find the 400 all that I need and my wife loves the large seat and comfort. The 60 MPG doesn't hurt either. Changes so far include a speed control "washer", bead rider seat, Old GPS and a Bestem trunk. Would like to rig up a drink holder for a thermos and add hand guards and a backrest. All in due time.
I rode twice with the Mentone Alabama group and plan to meet up with them again this fall. I hope to hear from other scooter riders in the Brandon, Riverview Florida area. PS. The central Florida offers some great rides!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Rather than hand guards, I would get a GIVI windshield that is far better than the stock one and also eliminates the need for hand guards.

·
I'm Retired
9,371 Posts
osbornk said:
Rather than hand guards, I would get a GIVI windshield that is far better than the stock one and also eliminates the need for hand guards.
+1

Add the cost of hanguards to a new windshield and you're at the cost of a Givi Airflow. For anyone in hot climes, this is the way to go. If you want more air flow on you, just remove the upper portion and store it under the seat.

Chris

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Bill Borrer said:
Would like to introduce myself. My wife and I live in Ruskin... I hope to hear from other scooter riders in the Brandon, Riverview Florida area. PS. The central Florida offers some great rides!
We're from Sebring. We'll be heading out your way today (as far as Lakeland) for lunch: http://www.millersalehouse.com/location ... -ale-house
Our ETA is 11:30-12:00. Wife and I will be on a 2012 white 650 Burg, and a friend will be riding his 2012 red GoldWing. Hope to see you there, or anyone else able to meet and eat and greet and... Lakeland might be about the same distance away for both of us.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, we can't join the Sebring folks, it is our anniversary and made reservations at the beach. Best time for us is during the week!

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Welcome from Land O Lakes Fl.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Welcome and Congrats!
My wife doesn't ride pillion as much as she used to but she too likes the seat on the 400 better than any of the bikes she's been on.
Sounds like your going in the right direction.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Steverino, how do you manage to get 70 MPG? I have just under a 1000 (not nearly broken in yet) and the best I can do is 58 MPG. Most of my riding is on rural Florida roads. Whats the secret.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We will be up in Franklin late April 15th. A few days to unpack and then we will look for a good weather day (Remember we winter in Florida and may take a 70 degree day to get us on the road). How about lunch at the Pisgah Inn on the Blue Ridge. That is a couple of hours from us but is a nice ride. [email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have some friends here idn Daytona that have a trailer/rv in a park up in franklin .went there last year forgot what the name was though . Dont know where Ruskin is located you must be west side of Fl... love to know what grip puppies are ?My friends go up in June ...oh i think the park is called Country Woods..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Boat NSC
Grip Puppies are slide on foam grip covers that enlarge the grips and make the grip more comfortable. Amazon has them for $15.00. I sure do know where Country Woods is. Nice park with modular homes (more stationary structure). We are in Cullasaja River RV Park up Hwy towards Highlands where the rich people live. Have them contact me.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
saldutti said:
WNC Burgster said:
Welcome from Asheville NC.
I live right near Asheville, in Hendersonville, and just got a Burgman 650. I'm still breaking it in. Let's ride sometime!
That sounds great. I used to live in hendersonville and now own a rental in Hendersonville. PM me sometime and we will meet up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I find that the Grip Puppies help reduce fatigue in the hands. They need to be replaced about once a year.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Bill Borrer said:
Steverino, how do you manage to get 70 MPG? I have just under a 1000 (not nearly broken in yet) and the best I can do is 58 MPG. Most of my riding is on rural Florida roads. Whats the secret.
The secret hmmmm Failed maths at school LOL :oops: :lol: :thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts