Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would have thought that it was possible for a 400 Burgman to pull off this:
In an emergency braking maneuver this morning, I had the brakes locked up, doing a stoppie, while on the horn, as a idiot in a truck hurriedly proceeded to take over my lane as I was driving beside him! Unknowing to the driver at the time, but his little foux pas had been witnessed by HPD. His attempt to speed away was short lived as he was pulled over by the next block.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Well first off, so glad you're okay.:)

Second, nice maneuvering! Those are tough situations. I had a lady bump me on the freeway once at 80 mph doing the same thing. Just cutting lanes, Four to be exact. Just like you, I braked hard, one locked a tire (not sure which, but I heard a squeal), and just got a hard tap as she went by. I learned that day just how fantastic the b400s brakes are and that I could curse loud enough to be heard on the freeway.

Last, congratulations on the immediate retribution. So often we are incurred upon and the best defense we can muster is a raised fist or a certain hand signal. Nice to hear the offender got his comeuppance so quickly.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.
It's time like this that I'm glad I had those years in WERA. Although, I'll have to admit that I didn't think the brakes on the Burgman were that powerful.

Well first off, so glad you're okay.:)

Second, nice maneuvering! Those are tough situations. I had a lady bump me on the freeway once at 80 mph doing the same thing. Just cutting lanes, Four to be exact. Just like you, I braked hard, one locked a tire (not sure which, but I heard a squeal), and just got a hard tap as she went by. I learned that day just how fantastic the b400s brakes are and that I could curse loud enough to be heard on the freeway.

Last, congratulations on the immediate retribution. So often we are incurred upon and the best defense we can muster is a raised fist or a certain hand signal. Nice to hear the offender got his comeuppance so quickly.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Quick reflexes! Very glad you kept it upright. Don't you wish ALL offenders received justice so rapidly!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Thanks.
It's time like this that I'm glad I had those years in WERA. Although, I'll have to admit that I didn't think the brakes on the Burgman were that powerful.
Well, they're not racing brakes, but...

Triple disks on a 400... Hats off to Suzuki for that design. Plenty powerful enough for me. Makes me wonder if you or I would still be here writing this today if we were on a two disk model like the Majesty or Silverwing. No offense to those bikes, but I'm glad I got the Burgman.:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts