Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the oil changed on my 2013 Burgman 650 Executive and the mechanic did not know how to turn off the change oil indicator.

I looked it up here and found this note from Selias.
  • 1) Turn off ignition.
    2) Hold both the SELECT and RESET buttons in.
    3) Turn ON ignition
    4) After 2 seconds the indicator to change oil should extinguish.
Although this may be true for his 2006 model, it is not true for the 2013. The buttons are labeled differently; they are called SELECT and ADJUST.

To reset the indicator,
  • 1) Turn off ignition.
    2) Push and hold the SELECT button in.
    3) Turn ON ignition
It may seem like a small thing to some, but when you're dealing with a machine you've never seen before, it can be difficult to find the proper instructions.

My thanks go out to Selias for posting his instructions in the first place, otherwise I would not have figured out the correct sequence on my own.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Great! Helping others is what this forum is all about.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Method #2 worked on my 2007 K7. But the "Change Oil" indication BLINKES (does not go OFF) until you release the button.

Like much about these bikes, 2007 is the change year.

Reactions: Tromper

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just had the oil changed on my 2013 Burgman 650 Executive and the mechanic did not know how to turn off the change oil indicator.

I looked it up here and found this note from Selias.
  • 1) Turn off ignition.
    2) Hold both the SELECT and RESET buttons in.
    3) Turn ON ignition
Although this may be true for his 2006 model, it is not true for the 2013. The buttons are labeled differently; they are called SELECT and ADJUST.

To reset the indicator,
  • 1) Turn off ignition.
    2) Push and hold the SELECT button in.
    3) Turn ON ignition
It may seem like a small thing to some, but when you're dealing with a machine you've never seen before, it can be difficult to find the proper instructions.

My thanks go out to Selias for posting his instructions in the first place, otherwise I would not have figured out the correct sequence on my own.
Thanks......I was pressing both buttons, wearing my fingers out! So only needed to press the left button. Don’t know why they didn’t do it for me at the service shop, but then again.....
2016 model @ 1500 k only!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks......I was pressing both buttons, wearing my fingers out! So only needed to press the left button. Don’t know why they didn’t do it for me at the service shop, but then again.....
2016 model @ 1500 k only!
Bike would not start yesterday- turned out to just be lose connectors. Check yours.

·
Premium Member
8,366 Posts
If the paid to know mechanic didn't know, AND didn't know how to find out, (or didn't care) I would suggest 2 things, 1. Don't count on "him" having children cause he is too dumb to fornicate, and 2.never use that person again, maybe not that shop, inform the owner, the bike you save may be your own.

maybe we should start telling shops about this site.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If the paid to know mechanic didn't know, AND didn't know how to find out, (or didn't care) I would suggest 2 things, 1. Don't count on "him" having children cause he is too dumb to fornicate, and 2.never use that person again, maybe not that shop, inform the owner, the bike you save may be your own.

maybe we should start telling shops about this site.
It’s not that big a deal.... there aren’t a lot of burgmans around. And it’s the only suzuki shop in my small town.
But maybe I’ll take it to the Honda shop next service! Thankfully it’s a super bike. ( although I see Suzuki have decided to stop making the 650.)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Holding in both buttons on the later model allows you to customize the oil-change interval.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts