Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Greetings....

Seems as though you drew a bit of a blank. I've read your post several times & am scratching my head. What on earth are you doing messing around with the fuel injection system on what is already a perfectly set up engine. The backfiring problem you see to have is due to incorrect settings in the throttle body's, which sit on top of the engine, under the forward section of the centre plate. To get to these housings, you need to remove the front top covers including the glove boxes and the cover below it (which includes part of the inner leg shields). It's not rocket science, but you will need a Manual to do this, so as NOT to break anything. Then, you have the top of the engine exposed and the fuel injection feeds.

I would politely suggest you take your Burgman along to your local dealer and ask them to re-set your injection system using their plug in computer and a set of vacuum gauges. At the same time, the pressure regulator on the fuel pump should be checked in case it is leaking (internally).

A little additive in the fuel can't do much harm, but in all honestly, why bother. You live in the most beautiful country in the world, go drive around it and enjoy!.... (watch out for the Speed Police, they are awful in the South!).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Before trying any of this, please check your head light bulbs.
Wrong information has been known to be given on this forum, and before you touch anything 'injection', talk to those "WHO" really know.
From what I have read, this entire subject is nonsense, all of it.

When in doubt.... 'don't'.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Keep it simple. If there's a popping problem, have the throttle bodies checked by an expert.
Any work on the fuel injection system has to be done by an expert, with proper Suzuki compliant equipment.
And as it has been suggested, 'any work' has to be done with the system dismantled away from the bike.

In other words, leave it alone!....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.