Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Basically on the 650 you've got a airbox (where the filter goes), then a resonator just above the throttle bodies, the throttle bodies, and a pair of short rubber bases connecting the throttle bodies to the cylinder head. I'm not so sure I would try to connect anything below the throttle bodies and in the resonator you'd have to be careful on where you placed any injection apparatus because theres air horns built in and in the wrong places it could pool and fill with oil (that's why it has a drain cap in the lower right corner). Ideally you'd have to find two places just below the air horns in the resonator box ahead of the throttle bodies. To access these you will have to remove the engine cover (maintenance lid), handle bar covers, upper box (upper glove box assembly), and front box (lower glove box assembly).

If you simply trying to reduce the exhaust popping I believe what others have done is to plug the PAIR valve hose coming of the resonator in front. It should be visable just above the radiator on the left side looking up behind the front wheel/fender.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Certainly I'd see if anyone here or there has ever installed or used such a system before on a Burgman 650 and seek their advise on it's installation and use. I have not installed or used such a system so I can only advise on where might be the best point to install it. After reading the intructions on their web site they want a place downstream of the throttle body but I'm not sure I would want to attempt tapping in those rubber connectors. Hopefully someone else will chime in on the subject. hanspluygers brings up a point in that such things one should be careful with as doing it wrong can lead to engine damage and if you were to drill anything to install it that should be done off the bike so as to clean and not get stuff in the intake.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
This is for the '05 650 right? What does the injector look like and do you have a photo of it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.