Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience in replacing a starter clutch? Mine seems to be very slow in engaging the starter at times. All other things have been checked such as corroded contacts, the starter reply replaced & the starter removed which runs fine on the bench.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I seem to have found my problem and it's is a good thing that it's not the starter clutch as I thought. The stater which I had rebuilt last Nov has gone out once again. I removed it last week thinking it was the problem & when I connected it on the bench it ran perfect a number of times. Yesterday it was slow cranking & finally gave out at a local shopping center. :( I really wish it had a kick starter or I could push it to get it running.
After towing the bike home I removed it once again & it's now totally dead. :)
Has anyone else had problems with their starters?
Either way I'm getting good at removing the **** thing. I think it took me only 20 minutes to remove it. :D

·
Registered
677 Posts
RichC said:
... I really wish it had a kick starter or I could push it to get it running.
After towing the bike home I removed it once again & it's now totally dead. :)
Has anyone else had problems with their starters?
I have wished the same thing, but IIUC that would not be practical with the size of the engine and the electronic fuel injection. And of course the roll-start trick that I did ever so many times on my old Honda CM400T can only be done with a clutch and a manual transmission.

Yes, I remember some years back that Billmeek had to rebuild his starter. He ordered some brushes and did it himself. You can search this forum and find it. Look for posts by him which contain "starter".

Sorry about your woes, good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts