Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever replaced the Executive mirrors?

I'm having trouble with the right side wire harness connector (the one for the turn signal lamp). The left side was a royal pain, but taking the fairing off gave me enough access from the front to gently pry the latch for the connector and slide it apart. So left side is done (that side has the clear/white connector).

The right side is being a PITA (black connector). It looks like a center-slide one-way latch. The kind that normally I'd take a flat-balde screwdriver and either pry it up front on the male side, or push-down from the female side to release the latch.

Problem is the Executive has a wiring morass in the nose and basically no slack in the wiring for me to get a clear shot with a screwdriver to release the latch, and black-on-black in an area I can't get light into without a third hand to hold a flashlight. Not that THAT is easy either...the location is tough to get light into WITH a flashlight. And then of course no room to get a good grip on both side while simultaneously releasing the latch. :-/

Anybody have any "tricks"? Anyone replaced this mirror before and remember how the heck they released the connector?

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
These connectors I'd guess? Most are push down to release. Sometimes you have to push the connector together before you can push down to disconnect.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finally managed to get it apart...dragged an articulating lamp into the garage to aim some light in the cave.

And yes MJR, all four mirror connectors are BEHIND that mass of wiring, pulleys, and motors. I have small hands, but it was a real challenge. Anybody with big hands is just out of luck and would probably be forced to pull the windshield mechanism and instrument cluster.

But with patience and swearing I managed to get it done...two new mirrors, everything working perfectly. ;-p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts