Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

I am new to the 2006 AN400 that I purchased used last year. I want to get a slightly taller/wider windshield. The Givi is much too tall and was not optically clear for me. Any one have any experience with Clearview shields on a Burg 400.

Any advice for height (looking over or thru), clear or smoked, with an adjustable air vent or not would be greatly appreciated from an experienced Burg owner.

Thanks in advance

Bob

·
Super Moderator
18,085 Posts
Which ever shield you choose, I would not have it above your nose. Cut the shield if you need to. You want to look over the shield, not through it, at speed, the wind will blow over your head. When the shield fogs up, or it's raining, or bug city, it's difficult or impossible to look through it.

A vent is a nice option, especially in hot weather.

Tinting is valuable to help with glare.

I currently have a GIVI, and see no need for a vent, or tint.

I have "photo sun" glasses, so no need for the tint. It's 95-100 degrees (f) for only a few months, so I don't use a vent.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I bought a Cee Bailey 29.5" clear windshield in November 2013, only a month after getting my b400. I am 5' 11" and it has worked very well for me. I must sit up straight in order to see over it. Very solid construction, absolutely clear and does not flutter as the OEM windshield did. I am pleased overall.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I'm a firm believer in the Givi Airflow. And not a fan of looking thru a windshield. As Jim said it's not safe.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
oops :oops:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say thanks for your input & advise. I think I'm going to give Clearview Sheilds a try.

Great site, glad to be a member

·
Registered
61 Posts
Have a look at the Laminar Lip, best 100.00 I ever spent on gear. I ride with an open helmet looking over the windshield and the air is flowing over my head with windshield in the 1/2 up position (i'm 6'2").

1 - 8 of 8 Posts