Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All -

After consulting with the moderators, it was suggested I start this topic here.

We all need replacement tires from time to time and, in an effort to make buying as easy and efficient as possible, please only respond in this thread if you have recent information on cost, availability and vendors. Links to vendors will also be appreciated.

To repeat, please do not post discussion in this thread, that can be done elsewhere. Please simply respond here with who has the best deals on replacement tires.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I bought both front and rear Pirelli tires for the 650 though my dealer on 3/23/05. Note that the distributor they order from has the front tire mis-cataloged, which has caused confusion (most dealers order from this same warehouse).

Rear Pirelli GTS24-05 was $54.60 (list is $62.99)

Front Pirelli GTS23-05 was $58.32 (list is $67.99)

If you ask them for a GTS23-05 they will say it is unavailable. If you order a 0340-0025, you get a nice new GTS23-05...

State Sales tax of $7.90 was added to the order.

I received the order in 5 calendar days.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Arizona Motorsports advertises they'll match anybody elses prices. They charge $9.95 per tire for shipping in the continental U.S.

http://store.azmusa.com/tires1.html

Right now they're showing Bridgestones for the 400 front $39.95, rear $59.95. For the 650 front $70.60, rear $91.70. Pirellis for the 400 front $30.00, rear $33.70. They only show the rear Pirelli for the 650 online at $37.90. You'd probably have to call about the front for the 650.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just ordered both Pirellis from Ron Ayers for a total of $118.35 delivered.
To order you have to enter the part numbers into the search box. The tires don't show up in the tire pages.

Pirelli 650 Front tire - GTS23-05
Pirelli 650 Rear tire - GTS24-05

I emailed Arizona Motorsports for the price on the front Pirelli and they replied it is not available in the US!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Are you sure the front tire is GTS23-05? I get nothing when I search that.

JerseyBiker said:
Just ordered both Pirellis from Ron Ayers for a total of $118.35 delivered.
To order you have to enter the part numbers into the search box. The tires don't show up in the tire pages.

Pirelli 650 Front tire - GTS23-05
Pirelli 650 Rear tire - GTS24-05

I emailed Arizona Motorsports for the price on the front Pirelli and they replied it is not available in the US!

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Doc,

Read what I wrote in my post above. Use part number 0340-0025. Parts Unlimited is the supplier and they have the front tire mis-cataloged. I'll almost guarantee that Arizona Motorsports orders the tires from them. I had my dealer check yesterday. PU has four warehouses. The Wisconsin warehouse does not have the front tire, but the other three warehouses do. All four warehouses have the rear tire. That is as of 04/11/05.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Be sure you dont have a leading space when putting in the part number on the Ron Ayers site or it will not locate it. A trailing space appears ok.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Due to the above mentioned circumstances and my desire to save a buck or two - combined with my gambling nature - I just finished ordering my rear Pirelli from AZmotorsports ($46.85) and my front one from Ron Ayers ($61.14) for a total of $107.99. I'll post results of both services after completion.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ron Ayers emailed me back to say the front tire is not available.

Imagine being 1000 miles from home and going thru this, tires not available.
I'lll see who locally can order thru Parts Unlimited.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I ordered front and back from Ron Ayers and got a confirmation # that they have been shipped. Hope it's BOTH tires and not just the back as I never got an email saying the front was out of stock! :!:

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well it took some doing but finally got Ron Ayers to look into this and, Paul was correct - (Thanks!)

Order now confirmed and, in fact, a bit better price

[1] GTS24-05 GTS24 160/60R14 RR TL 1 $52.21 $52.21
[2] 0340-0025 TIRE GTS23 120/70HR15 1 $46.18 $46.18

Subtotal $98.39
Standard Shipping $7.00
Total $105.39

Thanks all for your help.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Received both tires today. Odered on Sunday the 10th, processed on the 11th and here today via Fed-Ex. Great service from Ron Ayers!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I got this from the Gent I purchased my 650 from in AZ, the following is a quote from one of his communications to me:

They are the same size as the original tires the Pirelli model number is GTS23 (front) GTS24 (Rear) You will have a very hard time finding them in stock, Pirelli makes a batch of them once a year, word gets out on the forums, then they are gone. I got 2 from Zdeno Canada ([email protected]) and had to pay Canada duty. Got other 2 from Hayes Hatcher ([email protected]) however they ripped me off pretty bad, I would not recommend them. The tires should be $ 50-60 each but Hatcher charges 220 for both PLUS shipping ! Zdeno was about $ 150 for 2 tires plus about $ 40 customs and shipping. If I had it to do over, Id stick with the OEM tires, too much hassle ! The Pirellis seem to handle better though. The Burgie goes thru rear tires in about 6000 miles since the small wheel spins so fast. The front tire was hardly worn, I replaced it only to match the Pirellis.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Pirelli's New Diablo for Burgman 650

Just received from RonAyers Motorsports the New Diablo's for the 650: part #0340-0035 (rear tire) size 160/60R14 and part #0340-0036 (front tire) size 120/70R15---total $97.64 including shipping. I believe these are newer than, and replace the GTS23/24.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Ron,

The Diablo is a new line. Whether it is destined to replace the GTS series or not, we don't know yet. It is described as a high performance tire with more "stick" on wet road surfaces. That might also translate to reduced mileage due to a softer compound. Again, we don't know yet. If there is enough difference in the tires, Pirelli might keep both series going, one for sport riding & the other for touring. Time will tell.

We do need a couple of members to get the Diablos mounted so that we can get some feedback on their performance. :wink:

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I don't need tires yet, I hope, but I'm having another slow day at work... I found on MotorCycle SuperStores web site, the Pirelli Diablo 120/70 R15 for $42.99 and the 160/60 R14 for $40.99

If interested, Click Here.

Joe

·
Registered
367 Posts
This is more for the Canadian members.

I had to order a new rear tire due to a nail causing a BIG hole, so I called my dealer and after some seraching the parts department couldn't find a listing or who would carry Pirellis for the Burgman. Only listing for the Burgman is the Bridgestone and that is from Parts Canada.
I had to go to the other dealer in the other end of town and since I was there I asked about the Pirellis and they too checked the PC book and found nothing. One of the guys suggested a different distributer, FullBore, and they list both the GTS and Diablos.
So if your dealer says they can't find a listing, ask them to check the FullBore catalogue and they should find them. They are both the same price, $83.95. They seem to have, at least today, the GTS is stock and delivery is next day depending on when they order.

So a BIG Thank You to Dan at Wheelsport for both tracking down and finding a tire for me!

1 - 20 of 129 Posts