Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I owned a new 2007 executive, got out of cycling for a few years, now have acquired a "new" ten-year old 650--only 2500 original mile, mint condition. The seat, as with my executive model, well, ain't the best for comfort. I'm considering replacing it with one from burgmanbrothers.com. Anybody have a comment, or experience with this?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I found a Beadrider to help a lot for distance but more important is a really good backrest - not a buttrest.

Now I've got a Russell Daylong and it's sort of the Holy Grail for Burgman 650 seats but doesn't come cheap. I got lucky and got one used for $600.
The backrest is incredible.

It really depends on how much riding you intend to do. Start with a back rest and a Beadrider - both at low cost solutions.
I tried an Air hawk and gel pads but neither did for me what the Beadrider does.

There are several approaches to back rests but I prefer something that is higher on my back and adjustable.

Welcome

·
Registered
328 Posts
Oh yes. I had a hip replacement back in 2009 and had a bad problem of the stock seat. I bought one burgmanbrothers.com and Cary is a SUPER guy to deal with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWs4FcbQ0Yo

Now if you want a custom seat cover, Cary can fix you up too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOQdQJAp9uY

Hope this helps.

BTW, I was looking at the new 2013 650's but got a new 2012 instead. Why? Because my seat would not fit it. ( 2013 completely new design) I love the seat that much.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Yup - the seat is your ride....That Daylong goes where I go - even maybe to Australia eventually -even if the bike does not.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
I got the 'puffy' version of the rebuilt seat
from Cary at burgmanbrothers.com
...makes all the difference in the world for
long distance 2-day rides.

·
Registered
198 Posts
+1 on trying the beadrider first before you go and spend $100's on a seat. I make my own from a car beaded seat to save money and in my experience they make a much better improvement than any air or gel pad or sheepskin that I have tried. I think I will eventually splurge on an actual beadrider though, their black colour and shape really look a lot better than my "taxi cab brown" homemade one. :p

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have been dithering about the seat on my Burgman 650 Exec since I bought the bike last spring. I really need to get myself up to Cincinnati to try some of Cary's seats soon.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
I too have had a hip replacement and my Russel Day Long has met all of my comfort needs.Good luck and stay safe.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Now I've got a Russell Daylong and it's sort of the Holy Grail for Burgman 650 seats but doesn't come cheap. I got lucky and got one used for $600.
The backrest is incredible.
If you really want to enjoy every mile to the fullest do your heinie a huge favor and spring for a RDL. Yes, they are expensive. But at no time while you are putting mile after joyous mile on your Burg sitting on such a wonderful saddle are you going to be wishing that you put a cheaper and less comfortable seat on your bike. I had a Russell on my Honda PC800 and currently have one on my Honda GL1800 and my 2007 650 Executive and I am never ready to quit riding due to my butt screaming in pain. I sure to like that.

If you can afford it, go with the Russell Day-Long. If you can't afford it sell something so that you can afford it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts