Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So I received my seat cover 3 days early and I think it is a pretty good job overall, it appears it will fit well. A couple of things I noticed though. On the original cover there is a pocket under the backrest that allows you to tension the cover between the pieces of foam that is not on the replacement. I used a hot glue gun and glued and hand stitched my old one to the new cover. The other thing is the material itself, the grey vinyl has a fabric backing while the black grip texture vinyl has a foam backing that doesn't appear to be as strong as the grey. I've got to get a bunch of spring clamps so I can keep it tight when I staple it on today. I'll try to post some pictures of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
might just have to go with some Gorilla tape.
That's what I did. Had a split starting along a seam. I don't worship my Burg and don't spend more than necessary on it—heck it's 12 years old and it is basic transportation. So I went to Ace Hardware and discovered (as seen on TV) FlexTape. Perfect! 4 inches wide (10.5cm) and black. Extremely sticky and really tuff cloth.

Ugh, not so perfect. Within days it began to ooze adhesive around the edges and stick to my pants. In the weeks that followed the tape seemed to shrink and slide, allowing the split underneath to widen and causing even more adhesive to be exposed. After a couple months it was a total disgusting mess.

Time for Gorilla tape. I peeled off the FlexTape and with a variety of chemicals and lots of elbow grease I removed the adhesive. Then applied the 3 inch (8 cm) wide
Gorilla tape. That was Feb, 2019 and it is still perfect.

Lesson: As Seen On TV products sometimes aren't ideal.

Automotive tire Hood Road surface Automotive lighting Synthetic rubber

Automotive lighting Hood Helmet Bumper Grey

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I got it back together. It was not that big of a job, definitely would be easier with two people and an electric staple gun. I got most of the wrinkles out and gathered the extra along the back of the seat. If your seat cover is shot I'd definitely recommend J&F Custom over my local trim shop.

Attachments

21 - 26 of 26 Posts