Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new cover for my 2008 650 executive. I've seen covers on Ebay from Greece has anyone used one of those. I checked with a local upholstery shop and he wants over $600 to recover my seat.
Seemed kind of excessive. Any help will be appreciated, Thanks Tim

·
Registered
745 Posts
How bad is your cover?
Would one of these tidy things up, and add some comfort at the same time?

·
Administrator
22,240 Posts
Timothy, That I know of there are not any primary seat covers for the 2003-2012 Burgman 650's. There are a few secondary covers like what Bluestrom13 posted above that fit OVER the primary cover but you can still see the primary.

For $600, send your seat to Corbin or Day Long to have it done much better than stock.

I'd just find a used one off Ebay or post a "I need a Seat" on the classifieds on here.

Just know I tried to ship a stock 2008 650 seat from here to Las Vegas and UPS and Fedex wanted over $350. That cuts into the value real quick. I still have 2 extra non-Exec seat in the garage. The Exec had just a little different pattern in the vynal.

·
Administrator
22,240 Posts
Call the local Fastenal nut and bolt supplier and ask if they take private shipping. I think the manager can and it is a lot less than UPS or Fedex. It is about 2 weeks slower than UPS/Fedex.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How bad is your cover?
Would one of these tidy things up, and add some comfort at the same time?

It has a big split on the right side seam and it's spreading across the seat. Florida sun just eats everything.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Timothy, That I know of there are not any primary seat covers for the 2003-2012 Burgman 650's. There are a few secondary covers like what Bluestrom13 posted above that fit OVER the primary cover but you can still see the primary.

For $600, send your seat to Corbin or Day Long to have it done much better than stock.

I'd just find a used one off Ebay or post a "I need a Seat" on the classifieds on here.

Just know I tried to ship a stock 2008 650 seat from here to Las Vegas and UPS and Fedex wanted over $350. That cuts into the value real quick. I still have 2 extra non-Exec seat in the garage. The Exec had just a little different pattern in the vynal.
I don't want to spend $600 on a seat for a $1500 scooter, it looks like the ones on Ebay are going to be my best bet with the cost of shipping something as big as a whole seat.

·
Registered
745 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's what I was looking at, was wondering if anyone else has gotten one from them.
There's a company in Greece and England that are about the same price. I'm not sure about leather in Florida, I don't have inside storage just a cover.

I've been looking at these, seems like the way to go. I don't know if I should get leather here in Florida. I don't have inside storage, just a cover.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I've been looking at these, seems like the way to go. I don't know if I should get leather here in Florida. I don't have inside storage, just a cover.
They do the vinyl and "carbon-fibre" vinyl :unsure: also. I found more info after posting above. It's here.

·
Premium Member
17,945 Posts
leather is fine here in Fla, as long as you take it inside every night, clean it , dry it, and apply leather dressing, brush it, check the stitching, and work it so it doesn't stiffen from the inside out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
leather is fine here in Fla, as long as you take it inside every night, clean it , dry it, and apply leather dressing, brush it, check the stitching, and work it so it doesn't stiffen from the inside out.
Maybe I can make some quick disconnects and use it as a pillow like a cowboy 🤠
They do the vinyl and "carbon-fibre" vinyl :unsure: also. I found more info after posting above. It's here.
I sent them a message and some pictures of my seat to make sure it's going to fit. I'll probably get the black and grey vinyl over the leather.

·
Administrator
22,240 Posts
To ship a Burgman seat to a nearby state in a cardboard box you provide, should run you around $50 using UPS ground.
Nearby is the key word.

As I posted above, FedEx Ground and UPS Ground both wanted over $350 to go from the Auburn WA to Las Vegas NV, 1100 miles roughly. If I had an account on Ebay shipping is less than half.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I ordered the black and grey grip vinyl, it was $238.99 with shipping and tracking. I should have it by mid December. I'll post pictures when it gets here in case anyone else is looking for a replacement.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Nearby is the key word.

As I posted above, FedEx Ground and UPS Ground both wanted over $350 to go from the Auburn WA to Las Vegas NV, 1100 miles roughly. If I had an account on Ebay shipping is less than half.
When I plug in your cities, I get $92.45 door to door, residential. You must have gotten overnight quotes, or some special insurance or something. I don’t know what you were quoted.

40lb, 42x20x12”
Product Font Screenshot Number Rectangle

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'm interested in the outcome of this; it would be a good reference for future repairs. Perhaps you can document your progress and share it with us.
Good luck.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts