Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, looking at replacing my stock mirrors with something black to blend better (IMO) with the sleek lines of the 400. It looks like most of the EMGO mirrors are available in either a 10mm or 8mm bolt size. Anyone know offhand which size our Burgmans take? I know they are the right-hand screw mount vs. the Yamaha left-hand type, but am not sure about the actual thread size. Along those same lines, looking at a pair of black mirror mounts that move the location up and out a bit - figure replacement mirrors will have a shorter stem and will need the extra height to see anything closing in on me while riding, esp when stopped at a light. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
;)Thanks for the link Desert Rat! I have done multiple searches of the forum this morning but this one never pulled up. Perhaps my search terms were not descriptive enough - just tried replacement mirrors. Anyway, the posts I found did not include info on the thread size so thanks for confirming it is 10mm.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Glad I could help. :salute:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I put 2012 Honda Silver Wing mirrors on my 2012 Burgman 400. 10mm, so they are a perfect fit and they work quite well at letting me know what is behind me on the road. The quality is very good, both the plastic and the mirror glass. I put some small round convex spot mirrors on the mirrors since I took these pics.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those look very nice! I actually ordered some Emgo Roadstar mirrors for $23 and free shipping last night. They are supposed to arrive by mid-week, so hopefully will be able to see how they look and work before leaving for vacation on the 21st.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Interesting idea Timbo! I was going to look in a local dealership that has a lot of bikes and find an OEM that might work- much like you did. How much was the Silverwing mirror set? Mjustice- let us know how yours work out and provide pics.

This is another mod I've been putting off for too long.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will do!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Interesting idea Timbo! I was going to look in a local dealership that has a lot of bikes and find an OEM that might work- much like you did. How much was the Silverwing mirror set? Mjustice- let us know how yours work out and provide pics.

This is another mod I've been putting off for too long.
They were about $25 a piece, so about $50 total.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally had a chance to try out the new Emgo mirrors. I really like the way they look on the silver bike. Running at 75 mph (per GPS), I saw no buzziness or distortion at all. I am a happy camper and would definitely recommend these mirrors to any 400 owner who wants to get away from the chrome stockers. I will take some pics to post later this evening!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would like to see pictures of the new mirrors. Did you post them?
Thank you.

Finally had a chance to try out the new Emgo mirrors. I really like the way they look on the silver bike. Running at 75 mph (per GPS), I saw no buzziness or distortion at all. I am a happy camper and would definitely recommend these mirrors to any 400 owner who wants to get away from the chrome stockers. I will take some pics to post later this evening!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
The 400 mirrors are on stalks; the 650 mirrors are built in to the Tupperware.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts