Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which tone do you think commands more attention, high or low?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
But that doesn't answer his question.

The most typical hearing loss as you age is in the higher frequencies. That would suggest that a low tone would be more audible, but there may be other factors involved.

I've never looked at a sound spectrum for traffic noises; it's possible that the higher tone would provide more contrast -- but if forced to make a choice I would go for the lower tone.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
FIAMM suggests the the LOW tone horn be used in single horn applications

Bill

·
Registered
832 Posts
There is an auto electric shop in Weslaco Texas,where I live in the winter that sells horns,2 small round hors that are at least 135db's.They have a display on the counter,they are only $15 I think.I bought some for my van and they were twice as loud.Any interest?I will be there in Nov.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Side-by side comparison. Low wins!

Well once again the forum came through. I picked-up the FIAMM HF-90 horns, 1 High & 1 Low tone. Also removed the Suzuki buzzer and compared all 3 side-by-side.

My oppinion: FIAMM Low tone ruled. The FIAMM high tone was less piercing then the Suzuki horn.

I would imagine that the FIAMM low tone combined with the Suzuki stock (high tone), would be an awsome combination, as BobG already knows. For now however, I have settled on just the FIAMM. I will leave the dual horn installations for another day.

My thanks to everyone for their input.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm sorry if I'm a tad late in posting on this. After using the horn a couple of times, I've decided I want a horn that makes drivers wet themselves when they hear it.

If it were me, I'd mount a fog horn on either side of the turn signal mirrors.

Me, frustrated with drivers in cages, naaaah!

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
My ideal horn would fry every booming subwoofer within a couple hundred feet of me, and disrupt the cell phone of the vehicles near me.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I installed a set of air horns now they hear me coming with no problem..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts