Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Yea, I just used some epoxy and the arm that turns the throttle valve, I opened straight and glue it. I drove with the fi light on and it was throaty sounding and probably bad mpg but screw suzuki for no option to buy an stva unit. Gears inside made all sorts of issues

Weird... When I lived upstate, I had the ckp issue but didnt know what it was. I brought it to the suzuki importer garage. He said "eh, not worth the effort to verify as it will cost too much" he said some issue with the spark. Anyways, I tow it back from them and turn it on, and get the stva gear problem and fi light all of a sudden.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
The connector for the dealer switch has a cover on it. I think white with a layer of foam on it. There should be nothing connected to it except the cover. Maybe I'll go out and take a picture.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Here it is.

With the dust cover on
20200530_155756_resized_1.jpg

Dust cover removed

Dust Cover.jpg

Reactions: s-steel and Dave_J

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
So, is the 2007's Dealer Mode plug in the same place as the 2016 that Uncle Fester shows? I do not know. But what Wayne is seeing, I don't think so.

It is not that black plug he shows.

I highlighted Uncle Festers pictures of the test port above in Post #50.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I don't understand. The list of bikes for the dealer mode switch includes 51 vehicles including the 2007 Burgman 400.

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
Some member that has/had a 2007 AN400 may know where the Dealer test plug is.

Daboo?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
post 50 is correct. If want more info. , youtube type "Burgman 400 dealer mode." The white connector on RHS of the Starter Relay.
Apparently I went for the wrong access panel and got the incorrect connector. Haynes says u must remove the headlight panel to access the mode switch connector. Starting that now ,,,hope I find a matching connector ..The picture shown looks promising
Wick

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Apparently I went for the wrong access panel and got the incorrect connector. Haynes says u must remove the headlight panel to access the mode switch connector. Starting that now ,,,hope I find a matching connector ..The picture shown looks promising
Wick
Yea found the connection for the mode switch. It is behind (under) the "cockpit trim panel "which houses the left and right convenience boxes. Connected the switch and followed your instructions...started right up😀 And would idle but when I opened the throttle it would cough, sputter and die and could not cokes it but to 4000 rpm with coughing, spitting and one good backfire. Also getting F1 light .

Next I will trace the fuel line to see if there is any restriction cause it acts /sounds like it is starving for fuel.

As usual any suggestions appreciated.
Ps. I am very happy I got the mode switch connected...makes me feel good to solve anything.

Thanks again for all your suggestions,
Wick in San Antonio

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Wick
Yea found the connection for the mode switch.. It is behind (under) the "cockpit trim panel "which houses the left and right convenience boxes. Connected the switch and followed your instructions it started right up. 😀 And would idle but when I opened the throttle it would cough, sputter and die and could not cokes it but to 4000 rpm with coughing, spitting and one good backfire. Also getting F1 light .
Next I will trace the fuel line to see if there is any restriction cause it acts /sounds like it is starving for fuel.
As usual any suggestions appreciated.
Ps. I am very happy I got the mode switch connected...makes me feel good to solve anything
Thanks again for all your suggestions,
Wick in San Antonio

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
The fuel injector for 07 400s is apparently not common with any other scoots.
The Part no is 15710-05h00. There are several starting with 15710. I wonder how critically close the second set of numbers is?

My injector will not click when I apply current. Had it soaking in ATF fluid for about 4 hours and overnight in injector cleaner. About to go see if it has freed up, think I will apply a little heat with heat gun first.

Anyone ever rebuilt one? I see rebuild kits for sale.
Thanks for your comments
Wick

·
Registered
715 Posts
Could be a number of things. What year is the bike? A faulty stick coil could exhibit these symptoms but you may not have one. How does the bike ride? Does it just stumble at tick over?

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
In the other posts, Wick said he flushed the tank and replaced the strainer. But if the tank was still nasty the insides would still slough off and plug stuff up in a few miles.

I merged two posts about the same issues.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
In the other posts, Wick said he flushed the tank and replaced the strainer. But if the tank was still nasty the insides would still slough off and plug stuff up in a few miles.

I merged two posts about the same issues.
Won’t the inline filter catch any ‘slough off’.? My Inline filter is clear plastic and I can easily see if the fuel is dirty. Wick

41 - 60 of 75 Posts