Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm getting my 2009 ready to sale (before you ask, I got a steal of a deal on a 2016 with less than 2,000 miles). Anyway, I let it set up too long and the battery died and it won't hold a charge. Last time I replaced it was 7 or 8 years ago and I used Yuasa YTX14-BS. Are there any better alternatives out there? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,769 Posts

·
Administrator
18,190 Posts
For what its worth....

• A Yuasa YTX14-BS runs about $45-$85 depending on where you buy it. It has 200 CCA.
  • A Motobat MBTX14AU run about $85-$120 depending...... Has 190 CCA.
  1. Are you selling this bike, YES.
  2. Will you recoup the extra $40-$75 for the weaker Motobatt?
I would not pay you a dime extra for the bike if you paid more for the Motobatt. My sons Ninja500 Motobatt lasted 9 months. My first YTX14 lasted 9 years, Second is still running strong 3 years.

Reactions: Tromper

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Take the battery off the 2016 and put that on the 2009, I assume they fit. Then buy a decent new one for your 2016 and you won't be running a 4 year old battery.
I like the way you think!!! Better than a V-8.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Told my brother same advice when I gave him a car. Swop new batt for old one if it fits (remove Honda plastic cover and tray). He gave Accord back to me... after buying newer Honda. Newer is better (but can have bad ones, still under warranty).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts