Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to repair my rear shock on my '04 Burgman 400, as the preload adjustment is not working. But if I fail, I need to switch to a replacement. Has anyone replaced the shock absorber, and if so, what did you install instead?

· Registered
1,908 Posts
I am trying to repair my rear shock on my '04 Burgman 400, as the preload adjustment is not working. But if I fail, I need to switch to a replacement. Has anyone replaced the shock absorber, and if so, what did you install instead?
1. Have you seen this thread, and tried that solution?

2. Shock from a post 2006 Burgman will fit,(Length / clevis size), but will require manual adjustment

3. Or this - YSS aftermarket shock.

Link to Burgman 400 YSS Shock search

Edited to add - These are links to UK site, so include our VAT (20%).
Overseas buyers would be exempt from that, but possibly have their own import duty to pay.

· Registered
2006 Burgman 400 - Silver - 8600 miles - and climbing !
508 Posts
Sangris:

Please be sure to return & update us on precisely which shock you bought & how it worked out.

An install Review would be much appreciated.

I myself asked this question a while back. Very little information out there on this 'rear shock upgrade' - which seems very odd to me.

My only thought is: "They MUST be REALLY durable......nobody seems to replace them !"
LOL

Thanks - David in Texas

PS: I guess another thought is: "Everybody gets a used one from a bike dismantler...."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts