Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opinions sought....

Should I spring for an entire new seat? the vinyl covering has split and the foam underneath has been exposed to rain and the elements in general. I've been told that a replacement vinyl covering and staple gun is all I really need, but if the foam is a little eroded, should I buy an entire new seat? What price would I be looking at? Aftermarket or genuine Suzuki?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
So many people would jump at getting a custom seat except for the cost but, if you are going to have to spring for a new seat it becomes a bit more attractive.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
eBay. There are lots of coverings in different colors for $100 or you can get a whole used seat for a little more.

I've had a couple custom corbin seats and didn't find them that comfortable. The airhawk works best for me. So I'd just go the cheap route. But up to you.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Check with Cary at
www.burgmanbrothers.com
he has replacement seat covers & padding
available for the do-it-yourselfer......
you supply the staple-gun.
Covers are available in a variety of colors...
he did mine in two-tone..black seating
area, & blue sides...looks great.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Go check out an automobile/motorcycle upholstery store. It's a lot cheaper. They can add foam and use better covers. Look in the yellow pages or search the internet in your area.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I agree with Duster and Chérie get a hold of Cary at http://www.burgmanbrothers.com/ he knows what he's doing when it comes to Burgman seats. I've seen his seat covers and they look great.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Opinions sought....

Should I spring for an entire new seat? the vinyl covering has split and the foam underneath has been exposed to rain and the elements in general. I've been told that a replacement vinyl covering and staple gun is all I really need, but if the foam is a little eroded, should I buy an entire new seat? What price would I be looking at? Aftermarket or genuine Suzuki?
DO NOT waste your money on a new seat , what you need is a new cover . eBay has some nice seat covers around $100 U.S. . Don't worry about the foam underneath , I doubt you will still be alive when it starts breaking down .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I appreciate the recommendations, but he is in Australia. Shipping would defeat the purpose. I suggest finding a seat off of a used Burgman down under. I can send you one, but it will cost about $100 with shipping.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd go with Alloo's guidance. I did the same a few years back when the seams gave out on my VT1100C seat. I went to my cycle shop to buy a seat cover and they recommended a specific local automotive upholstery shop. They did a better than new installation, recommended a non-slip material that has been fantastic. This would also solve any shipping issues.
Cheers,

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Should I spring for an entire new seat?
I had a seat mostly eaten by squirrels. The cost of getting it fixed with new foam and such was way more than a new seat. I just bought one from a site online somewhere. Brand new. Was the way to go. I don't remember how much it was, but I think it was under $250, shipped (for a 2001 Honda Reflex).

If you decide to fix yours and want to come to Pittsburgh, we can use my pneumatic stapler :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pittsburgh? I was living and working in Detroit last year, but now I'm back in Australia. I could've cut across to Cincinnati to the Burgseat.com guy at the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts