Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
498 Posts
JR,

I'm a big V-4 fan - I own both the RVF 750 RC45 and it's little brother the RVF 400 NC35. The sound with race pipes fitted is second to none, and makes Ducatis sound soft and stylized. However, it's also true to say that all Honda V4s sound like sewing machines with the standard pipes fitted - when I test rode the current model VFR800 I had to double check whether the stock muffler was stamped with the brand name "Honda" or "Singer".

Surely you are comparing a race piped VFR with a standard piped 650?

You are right, though about the sound of a loud piped 650 - there is nothing quite like the sound of a TMax or AN650 with a straight through pipe coming on song. The difference between the TMax and 650 is that the 650 has a bite to match the bark.

If you do go down the route of buying a 650, I'd follow Pauljo's instructions - he has extensive knowledge on this particular subject, and is generally an extremely valuable source of information. However, at the same time, I'd like to echo Edwljoseph in that comparing a 650 to a VFR is a bit like comparing a Porsche Carrera to a BMW5 series. Either buy both, or decide what sort of machine you want as they are pretty different machines. It has to be said, however, that if credibility is important to you, you may find yourself leaning towards the VFR, despite the fact that if long touring, commuting and town riding is your desired usage the 650 would be an ideal choice.

Good luck.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.