Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever done it? Problematic? Looks like they might be accessible after removing the side panels under the seat.

Peace.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Bleeder said:
Anyone ever done it? Problematic? Looks like they might be accessible after removing the side panels under the seat.
Did it to mine yesterday. If the bike is very warm, they peel off. Do them very slowly at the pace the adhesive releases. I put my letters on wax paper in case I ever wanted to stick them to anything later.

The Suzuki logo on the back comes off too, but you have to use some GooGone on the adhesive residue.

After you have everything off, wax the areas with something like Meguiers Cleaner/Wax.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heya Wasquid, thanks for the heads up but what I'm wondering about is the hard plastic chrome "Burgman" logos on each side of the back haunches that are, I assume, riveted through the bodywork. Like you, I've had no problem removing the peel-off stickers.

Peace.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Bleeder said:
Heya Wasquid, thanks for the heads up but what I'm wondering about is the hard plastic chrome "Burgman" logos on each side of the back haunches that are, I assume, riveted through the bodywork. Like you, I've had no problem removing the peel-off stickers.
Bleeder,

Those chrome letters are the ones I was referring to: B-u-r-g-man-6-5-0. On the left side, 6-5-0 are on the fuel door. They are not mechanically attatched. The only logos on my scooter now are the "Burgman" on the handle bar, and the "S" on the windscreen. My scooter is a black 650, but I guess yours is manufactured the same way. If we are talking about different things, please let me know.

I'd like to do something about the VIN plate below the dash, but I think I may have to live with it. I was thinking that some solid black bumper sticker material could be cut to fit and cover. Later

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeeha. Wasquid you are 100% correct. Those plastic logos are indeed glued on, and they do indeed peel off.

Thank you so much.

Peace.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Good infoon the removal; I thought they were screwed on! I'd like to have a set of the "Sky Wave 400" stickers that is used on the Japanese scoots. I'm tired of people asking what "Burgman" means.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Actually, I think it's kind of fun when people ask about the meaning of Burgman. I tell them all sorts of outlandish stories.

My latest is that it's German, a Volkswagen subsidiary, made in a plant next to the VW factory in Mosel, Germany. After hearing this, one couple asked what the "S" stood for on the front.

I said, "Schnell."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts