Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all.

Need to remove the handguards that came with my 2012 400 Ltd ABS, so that I can fit my new givi screen.

Couple of questions - do I need different bar end weights, or can I just reuse the existing ones? I am concerned that without the guards on the screw might not tighten them up enough with the extra slack.

Secondly, I know standard Burgmans have rubber covers on the axis of the brake lever - do I need to source these, and if so anyone know what they are called/part number?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So just done this - simple answer is you can reuse existing hard wear, though doesn't look too pretty.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
would like to know what your impression is, with handguards and with the givi windscreen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just taken the new Givi for an hour ride in the rush hours here in London, raining and windy. Temp is about 12 degrees centigrade.

I was wearing summer gloves so I could feel the difference. The givi screen is way better than the hand guards at keeping airflow off your hands. With the guards air would blow up my sleeves unless I had the cuffs velcroed tight. No such problem with the new Givi.

I ride a lot in the rain and in the dark, so it's important that I have a screen I can see over as looking through a tall screen in those conditions is a nightmare. I can do this with the givi, whilst still killing most of the buffeting and noise. I like being able to hear clearly as commuting round London resembles the car chase from the Italian Job most days, so I want to be able to hear anything that might be coming for me!

I also found the guards a real pain in the arse when riding in the rain, as water collects in them and then drips over the rider when you turn - they do have drainage holes on the bottom of the side closet to the brake reservoir, but they don't stop water collecting at the outer end.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
thanks for your feedback, just to close the loop which givi did you get? was it the AF266?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts