Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've removed the center stand and want to remove the center stand switch. I understand that the plunger is out and the circuit is open if the center stand is up. When down, the switch makes a closed circuit preventing shifting up from first gear. So, can I just clip off the switch? I'd tape up the ends to prevent any contact.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Yes you can. That is essentially what I did to test if my CVT was working right after I put if back together. I had the bike on the center stand and wanted to test the CVT functioning. I left the center stand switch unplugged and was able to shift gears in manual mode and get the CVT to shift above low gear in auto mode.

If you just want to unplug it, the plug is on the top back of the hump area. You will probably have to remove the hump cover to get access to it. At least on mine the plug was to far up under the plastic to reach it through one of the holes in the top of the tunnel cover.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I decided to test the centerstand switch that I had clipped off, and it turns out to be defective! I always remains open regardless of whether it's pushed all the way in or if it's all the way out. Good thing I didn't try any high speed testing on the centerstand.

·
Registered
48 Posts
On a related note have you guys bypassed or disabled the side-stand switch? I know it's there to prevent the bike from taking off on it's own but I hate having to get fully dressed then start the bike and wait, wait, wait for it to warm up.

It would be real nice to be able to start bike and while it warms I get dressed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
When I converted my 650 to a trike I cut wire's and attached to toggle switch which is now under seat work's great

·
Registered
78 Posts
On a related note have you guys bypassed or disabled the side-stand switch? I know it's there to prevent the bike from taking off on it's own but I hate having to get fully dressed then start the bike and wait, wait, wait for it to warm up.

It would be real nice to be able to start bike and while it warms I get dressed.
What are you referring to when you say you have to "wait, wait, wait for it to warm up"??:confused::confused:

I get my jacket and helmet on, get on the bike with the side and center stands up, I start the bike, and by the time I put on both of my gloves, less that 45 seconds, I'm off.:cool:

I am thinking about disabling the SIDE stand switch because there are times when I WANT or need to get off the bike for just a minute but don't want to kill the engine when the side stand goes down. I find that kill switch very inconvenient.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Somewhere on the board there is a thread a fellow posted where he rigged up his side stand switch so that it only functioned if the parking brake was not set. If you did not set the parking brake and you lowered the side stand the engine would die. If you set the parking brake and lowered the side stand the engine would continue running. He provided instructions on how to go about wiring it up.

I would think that would be the smarter way to do it. If you just disable the side stand switch then if you bumped the throttle the bike could move forward off and fall over.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts