Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All-

I purchased a fender extender for the front fender of my 400. I was able to get the bolts out to remove the fender for easier installation of the extender, but I am stymied in removing the plastic clamp that hold the brake line to the top of the fender. I certainly don't want to break either the clamp or the fender. Is there some secret for getting the clamp loose from the fender

George

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just checked my 2013 400 and it looks like the brake line clamp is a Pinch Type Compression fitting that probaly needs to be compressed to release from under the fender. I to will be installing a Fenda Extender this Spring and I plan to remove the fender to prep the fender for glue. HOPE SOMEONE WITH THEIR OFF AND VERIFLY THIS.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I know one day we will NEED to take it off. But if it's causing that much trouble, just put the fenda extanda on with the fender on. That's what I'm going to do.
That how the video shows it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I go the fender off, the fenda extenda attached and the fender mostly back on. I have to get the two bolts reinstalled that go in from the back side and put on a new clamp.
I suppose a person could get the old clamp out, but we tried we tried with a variety of tools--needle nose pliers, flat-blade screwdriver, sidecutters, etc..
None worked because of the lack of clearance between the fender and tire. We finally ended up cutting the clamp off the hose.
A new clamp cost about $3.00 from a local dealer. It just made more sense to do it this way than to try to remove the wheel. It also made it much easier to clean up the inside of the fender to remove any tar and dirt that had accumulated. With the fender off the bike it was much easier to get everything lined up and square. The fenda extenda came with some double stick tape already applied. This was to help the extension lined up and held in place for drilling the holes for the four little push pins included in the kit. I also applied some high-strength Goop adhesive to the extender before I installed the push pins. The heads of the pins are small enough that they are not obtrusive and the bike looks really good with the extender installed.

George

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'll be removing the front wheel when I do mine to see how the brake line clamp is attached to the fender. I'm guessing it's just a matter of squeezing the clamp under the fender. I'll report when I do my Fenda Extender. I removed the fender on my R1200RT BMW and glued a Fenda Extender with ABS Cement.....no fasteners used and was very successful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts