Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys - I'm installing a Suzuki "Rear Carrier" on my 06 400. First problem I came across is removing the passenger backrest cushion, which the instructions say to just "remove" after removing the screw under the rear plastic cover. I got the screw out, but am wondering how the cushion is fastened to the rigid upright part. From looking at pictures of cushions on ebay, it appears to have 2 pegs near the top that go into 2 holes on the upright, which I suppose means you just pull it forward from the top with some force and the pegs pop out. And then you would just line up the pegs with the holes and pound them back in to reinstall. But I want to be sure before I mess anything up. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
My S model does not have a passenger backrest so I have never had to deal with removing it. However looking at the instructions in the service manual it appears you are correct about how to remove it. My 650 Executive did come with a passenger backrest and that is how you removed the pad on it.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
The passenger backrest cushion has 2 'studs'
that just push into 2 rubber grommets....just
smack it good to remove it, & after lining-up
the 'studs' with the grommets, just smack it
good again, to put it back.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The passenger backrest cushion has 2 'studs'
that just push into 2 rubber grommets....just
smack it good to remove it, & after lining-up
the 'studs' with the grommets, just smack it
good again, to put it back.
Thanks - that's all there is to it - that part was easy. But the instructions say that after re-installing the backrest on its support, you are supposed to re-use the screw that goes on the plate extending from the bottom of the backrest cushion by screwing it in from the front, instead of how you removed it from the rear. This was excruciating for me so I just left it off. The backrest cushion is plenty secure without it.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
That 'retainer' screw has been gone, ever since
my selling dealer installed my Suzuki Accessories
luggage rack....I only know of one rider that has
ever lost the passenger backrest cushion.
Apparently, not a major problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts