Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the Givi shield and installed the XL Clearview shield. Im 6'2" with and inseam of approximately 35". This was the size shield Clearview reccomended. It is absolutely perfect. I rode with the two shields about 40 mins apart so I could get a good comparison between the two. Much more backpressure with the givi. Seemed almost none with the Clearview. (The following was my perception.) The scooter seemed to move easier at higher speeds as if the areodynamics were improved. I went 50-95 mph and kept at 80 for a few miles. (Its legal just outside Vegas.) I also used my 2/3 helmet to experience the wind in my face while sitting normally. The Givi had more of a "dead" air space behind it. The Clearview must have some minor ventilation that comes from under or around it. There is no wind but the air seems "fresher". Really hard to explain. No helmet buffet. Whats weird about that is the Clearview is 2-3" (didnt measure it exactly) shorter and has less wind turbulance. Clearview has less distortion than the Givi when viewed from behind it. I got the tinted version of the Clearview.
Bottom line on the Clearview vs. Givi.
Clearview has less hand protection but gives ME a better feel in comfort and ride performance.
-Bryan

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Givi vs Clearview

I replaced my Givi with one of the original Clearview XL shields a few months ago. Way better protection envelope than the Givi - about the same height, but different angle, which probably accounts for the difference. Doesn't bob around at the top nearly as much as the Givi did. Looks better on the 650 too I think. The lesser hand protection hasn't been a problem for me, but I do wear Widder electrically heated gloves in the really cold weather. I could live with it, but at 6'7" I still get a bit more wind noise at the top of my helmet than I would like (especially on longer rides).

I received email from Clearview a few days ago announcing a new screen that is 2 inches taller than the XL. I called and ordered one. They did give me a discount, since I had purchased one of the original shields. I have found them to be really good to talk to and work with. I understand the the new shield is also a bit wider, and has more hand protection. I think it will be the perfect solution for me.

·
Registered
100 Posts
clearview

where does one find info on the clearview. i am a little disappointed with the givi as i get helmet buffeting with my shield down,but not with it up? seems odd to me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello from Germany !!

I´ve never heard something of a shield called "Clearview" ??!!

@Greengoose

Where can I find something about this shield inside the internet ??
Where did you bought it ?
What did you pay for it ?

ARE THERE ANY PICTURES OF IT ???

Thanks a lot ......

Greetings

Stefan (in Germany known as "Inselgraf")
German-Rider

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello again.

I found a dealer-site on the net:
http://www.clearviewshields.com/

Is this link the right one ??

I couldn´t find any prices for a shield, which fits with our Burger ??!!

Please help me ! Thanks !

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Hi Stefan , Go back on fourms to Feb 6, ( Wife got my Clearview) by Greengoose and it shows pictures of xl, They are making a new one xxl which is 2 in taller and 1 in wider, The price they told me was $144.us. Hope this helps. On your web site I see you have an accessory that goes on the fairing of the Burgman to keep the wind of your legs, do you have it on yours, and how could i get a set for mine? I was going to build a set, but would look nicer with these :)

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Good news, Bad news.
Just got a call from clearview they are shipping my xxl windshield , thas good news. cant ship by mail, so have to use UPS, $81us+ brokage fee us+ exchange+ gst tax, thats the price we pay to be Canadian. Thats the bad news, just to let the other guys on my side of the border know what it will cost you. Last year i got a pair of Simpson racing shoes from Texas ,$80 us, cost me $210 with all the shipping and fees.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Man, that´s really expensive !! :shock:

So you will get the side wind wings really cheap, or not ?
I hope, ýou´ll enjoy them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts