Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to have the front tire replaced on my 2007 650 ex. model. I got the tire ,and i want to take it to the shop to be put on but don't know how to remove the wheel.
any help would be great
Thank denorski

·
Premium Member
14,235 Posts
First problem is you have to raise the front wheel off the ground and support it that way. I use a auto floor jack to do that being careful to get it under the front frame cross member and not the radiator.

Once you have the front wheel off the ground you can start the removal process. Some do it without first removing the brake calipers but I find it easier to remove them. I take the two bolts that hold each caliper on out and pull the calipers off and support them with a piece of wire looped around the fork clamp (don't leave them hanging by the hoses). With the calipers out of the way you first clip the zip tie that holds the wire to the ABS sensor off. You will need to do this to get enough slack in the wire to move the sensor out of the way. Next you lossen the pinch bolt on the left fork. That's the 10 mm bolt that comes in from the front of the fork. Next you unscrew the axle and pull it out. Once the axle is out the wheel can just be lowered down and and pulled out.

·
Premium Member
14,235 Posts
BTW, you will need a 12 MM hex bit to loosen the axle.

It goes back together in the reverse order. Be sure to get the axle spacer in the way it came out. The axle torques to 47 ft-lb. The pinch bolt to 16.5 ft-lb. The brake caliper bolts to 19 ft-lb. Use a new zip tie to re-secure the ABS wire.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
You Tube : Le Dude - Front Wheel

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Post by NormanB » Wed Aug 08, 2012 17:23 17
You Tube : Le Dude - Front Wheel
You can just about type in Le Dude + any Burgman think you need to do and he probably has made a video of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the great Help The Le Dude U tube was great information. The wheel was taken off new tire put on at the shop and I just finished a test ride.
Thank again to all
Nordenski

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
pronoblemo :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts