·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
They look like Kit, the Knight Rider car. Lol

Personally I got a Bestem top box. Not only do you get functional storage, but also an elevated light you can hook up to the brake or running lights.

·
Registered
183 Posts
ahhhh.....not for me. Gimicky and probably cheaply made. I have additional lights on my Givi bags and very nice 3M reflective tape on my helmet. Anyone who can't see me at night would also drive into a building. I also believe that lights moving around on a helmet would be confusing to a cager behind me.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I think it's a great idea, but if you do much two-up riding it's not going to be visible through your passenger.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have additional lights on my Givi bags and very nice 3M reflective tape on my helmet. Anyone who can't see me at night would also drive into a building. I also believe that lights moving around on a helmet would be confusing to a cager behind me.
Please tell me about the GIVI lights - I too have some of those bags.

Also, why do you think that the lights moving around would be confusing to a cager?

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Smyrna Cowboy just got the GMax 54S, I believe, that has remote brake light on it. He just posted a video on it yesterday if you check out his channel.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
it looks pretty bulky, I'd add a third brake light instead of this, because it will create turbulence when riding at highway speeds.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw the video and then looked at the helmet.

However, I'm now talking with a dealer that sells the helmets and to be honest, it's really quite confusing as to what is actually included. When you order the helmet, customer service says the brake light kit is included, however, there is an add to not to forget to add the kit to your order.

I'd honestly like the attachment that has the turn signals included. It's dimensions are: 7.48" x 2.76" x 1.18" (length x height x depth - sticking out the back).

I'll PM Smyrna Cowboy and see if I can get more information.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think I would rather have a strobe light on top of my helmet if anything at all. This setup looks fairly ugly to me. IMHO.

·
Registered
86 Posts
In my opinion it would be great alternative if you do not have a top box light. I would install the module at the rear end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts