Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My second post was basically 'My girlfriend dropped my bike and I'm mad'.
Well I finally took it to the shop. BENT FRAME! YES! I'm so excited right now.
I have no idea how much this is going to cost but boy am I happy.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I would think about a second opinion, sounds crazy to me,
just dropping a bike (really, laying it down) should not bend the frame. :?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's something bent because the plastic casing under the winshield will not snap back together.
And the glove box is all shifted and won't open. Blah.
I told them if it cost more than 500 bucks then to not touch it. Either way it's not fun.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Relax, I don't think it has anything to do with a bent frame.
Your "Tupperware" (plastic parts) have most likely just unpinned them selves.
If your lucky an hours labor, (perhaps a new girl friend) and you should be set. :D
BUT in the mean time I know what you mean---it's not fun :!:

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
That sucks man.

·
Registered
409 Posts
If your girlfriend didn't drop it off of a cliff, then I concur that the frame is not bent. do get a second opinion.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Bent frame?

If you have taken a look at my pics in the gallery http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/Scubagirls-Burgman you should know the dealer is trying to take you for a ride (no pun intended). My frame is not bent so yours certainly should not be!

I bet it is the front leg shield brace that is bent. Mine is mangled. The front leg shield attaches to this and then the front box attaches to the leg shield, then the hip bone...

Check out the piece here: http://www.psndealer.com/fiche/images/SUZUKI/2003/Scooters/1667_47.gif

I'm not an expert but the thing that impressed me was the frame and the fact that it took such a beating and didn't get all bent up.

I'd get a second opinion.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dash2.jpg (scubagirls photo album) looks like my bike right now...only yours is way worse.
Anyway, thanks for all the feedback.

I think I'll roll in there next week and tell them something to the effect of 'Burgman USA can't be wrong! I'm getting a second opinion punks!"
Then if I don't get hit and the show me the actual damage I'll apologize and tell my girlfreind that she owes me some money.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Dash 2

Believe it or not the handle bar covers are intact and can be re-used. They only popped apart on impact. My bars are bent though and have to be replaced. Still waiting on Suzuki...

Best of luck with the dealer AND getting some compensation from your girl! :twisted:

Dee

1 - 11 of 11 Posts