Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My helmet box is showing a lot a wear on the inside (2004 650) and I'd like to redo the inside of the box. It seems a carpet inlay is not availalble as a part for the 2004. Any ideas what/how I could do this?
I am thinking of using sticky carpet tiles but am not sure how they would handle the curves.
Thanks
Bluechrome

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I'll do it for you

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
:) thank you. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,834 Posts

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
That's exactly what I was thinking before I read Cherie's post. If you can't find a can of flock, then look for the hair in a can thing bald guys use. LOL.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
the trunk box is made of two parts, I almost resurfaced mine while I had it all apart for the CVT repairs.

If I were to do it, I would take the trunk box out, split it in two, clean it and then apply either:

1. a truck liner type material to it which should make for very easy maintenance and cleaning.

2. if you want a carpet like material, you can buy the type of material you like from a fabric store like Joane's, I would not use regular carpet as they are very thick. cut it to size and custom form fit it by making the right angle cuts and then apply a good adhesive to the liner and install the fabric over that.

good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts