Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you've locked the key under it. Somebody said it took them two hours to do this after some cable came loose during a valve adjustment.

Go to the back of the bike and remove the two covers that let you get acess to the bulbs.

Then peer up in there and you can see the lock release mechanism. With a long screwdriver or stick you can push the lock release sideways. Voila!

This means that the underseat area is not exactly secure. Don't leave anything valuable in there for any length of time, like at an airport car park say.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
This method is for a 400 right?

Not sure (yet) if the same applies on a 650. :) But I will by the end of the day. :wink:

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Just what you needed Norman.... an 'excuse' to start stripping more tuperware off a bike you haven't ridden yet. :roll: :)

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Re: 400K3 K4

jbond said:
Yes it's for the AN400K3
Thanks Julian - how are you doing? :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Doh!!!

Thanks for the great tip on getting the trunk open! I used your technique to open my trunk because I had locked my jacket and keys in it. After about 20 minutes of taking plastic off and popping the latch with a screw driver, my buddy found my key...it was still in the ignition!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow, This sounds like it might be the answer and I will be going out there to try this in a few minutes, let you know how I make out.

Thanks again,

glen

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
Re: Doh!!!

avgibson said:
Thanks for the great tip on getting the trunk open! I used your technique to open my trunk because I had locked my jacket and keys in it. After about 20 minutes of taking plastic off and popping the latch with a screw driver, my buddy found my key...it was still in the ignition!!!
DOH! :oops: (Glad I'm not the only one who does things like that!)

·
Super Moderator
18,084 Posts
Re: Doh!!!

avgibson said:
After about 20 minutes of taking plastic off and popping the latch with a screw driver, my buddy found my key...it was still in the ignition!!!
Great getting old isn't it. They say it gets better :lol:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
They say it gets better. I don't know, I can't remember.
-terry

·
Registered
101 Posts
seatec said:
When i had my back end off 650, i tied a nylon string to lock release and let it hang down above muffler and tied it there, If I lock keys under seat, I can just bend down and pull string :idea: Wayne
Kinda like leaving the key under the door mat at home. Nobody would think to look there, would they?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi All,

Been a while since I have been on the forum, had the pleasure of dealing with a "stuck" or "broken" seat cable latch thingy, Dealer wanted $500.00 ( This did not include replacing the cable, just disconnecting it) WELL!!!! I popped onto the Burgman site, looked up "How to" and sure enough caught and stopped the mechanic in his tracks.......gave him all the posts and pic's, he was able to pop it open from the rear, not the front as he insisted on doing ......BUT my question is: He took the latch completely out of my scooter, YES the seat opens up perfectly now , but anyone can just lift my seat up and steal my treasures.....Anyone have a fix for this???? I do not want to use my ignition key anymore, so please do not suggest I get a new cable installed, can not re-mortgage my home at this time :) BUT I would like to have some kind of Button or closure??? Helpppppppp Diana Thank you

·
Registered
496 Posts
Diana, in the search box type "seat release lanyard 400" and view the pictures posted by Chet. Copy the post and have your mechanic reinstall your latch with the lanyard attached

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a key copy made (without the plastic cover tool) and placed the thin, metal only key under a foot mat. I don't think a casual thief will look there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts