Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Regular gas

12K views 100 replies 42 participants last post by  Brewman 
#1 ·
Boise regular gas jumped 35 cents today to $2.85
I heard went up 60 cents in Milw.
What's your gas price?

#5 ·
Janesville, WI jumped from 2.57 to 3.09 in 2 days. I keep hearing it's just panic because of Katrina and will come back down in a couple weeks when the southern oil refineries are back at full swing, but I also keep hearing there's no Santy Clause. Ya just can't believe what ya hear.

#6 ·
I wouldn't bet on it. Now the talking heads on the boob tube are talking $4.00+/gal in the next few days. I don't think it's going to take a few days, I'm thinking hours before these profiteering bastards sink thier fangs in that deep.

Mark my words...

#7 ·
Buzz said:
<<<...and will come back down in a couple weeks when the southern oil refineries are back at full swing,..>>>
Last word I hear was 8 Refineries down for Storm Repairs...unknown about number of Oil Platforms in the Gulf..

And Venezuela (CITGO Petroleum) won't be inclined to help now Thanks to that @^%*&^#^*&^%*&^ Idiot Pat Robertson.

#9 ·
stop complaining already

Hey all you yanks how about you stop and consider the other poor bas---ds who pay heaps more for their gas ,we here in australia have just fought a war in east timor for some oil fields in their area and we were sup[posed to help the east timorise out of their problems, but no guess where all the oil goes ___ usofa yes folks we miss out again. and we are now paying $1.27 a litre for the stuff , but to top that our lp gas has gone UP as well now figure that out ??????!!!!!!!! terry :lol: :lol: :lol:

#12 ·
Teejay, if the $1.27/litre is AU dollars, that equates to $3.66/US dollars a gallon... Wait a few minutes, we will be there... Just heard on Fox news that a station in Atlanta, GA is charging $5.85/gal.

Bill...

#15 ·
Re: stop complaining already

<<<... Hey all you yanks how about you stop and consider the other poor bas---ds who pay heaps more for their gas...>>>
AHEM!!!! }:~D }:~D }:~D

(best Theatrical Voice!)

Not OUR Fault you People Voted in the Politicians who Tax the Fuel So Much and it REALLY Isn't OUR Fault that you Don't Vote Them Out of Office and Elect People who will Repeal those Taxes Like we Do When they Try It.

(Ducks behind Curtain as Tomato(e)s are Hurled....)

~ Roland

P.S....Can Ya'll throw some Lettuce, Onions and Carrots too...I want a decent Salad Tonight...

#16 ·
Minneapolis south suburb:

Filled up Tuesday morning: $2.53, Filled up vehicle #2 Tuesday evening, $2.69, drove Burgman past several places this evening at $2.99.

I just read an article in our local paper. The state attorney general is starting to get flooded with complaints about gas prices, which in some nearby cities is entering the $3.50 range. The AG said Minnesota doesn't have any laws preventing gas stations from charging as much as they want, like some states. He also said that Minnesota doesn't have any laws that forbid gas stations from raising their prices more than once per day, like some other states. But he did remind us that Minnesota DOES have a law that forbids gas stations from charging a certain minimum below their cost. Figures. That pearl was passed when Jessie Ventura was Gov. We just have to do everything half bass ackwards.

#18 ·
I think a lot of it is panic buying. It is before the big holiday and the news is covered with "Is $5.00 gas going to be a reality?" stories. I saw it go from $2.89 this morning to $3.01 by noon. This is for gas that has already been refined and delivered - it hasn't even taken the storm into account.

People are speculating and making money. I think that by the time this gets sorted out there will be 50 states with blowhard senators and congressmen making a lot of noise about investigating the oil company profits and saber rattling about regulation and such. Like everything else politicians do, it will come to nothing.

I guess the days of $1.50 a gallon are gone, but I wouldn't be suprised if within a few months New Orleans gets back on her feet, refining capacity increases dramatically and we will look back at this time and think how crazy it was for a couple of months in 2005 and how miraculous a recovery we engineered. Americans are nothing if not resilient. We recovered from 9/11 and we will get through this. We always do. :)

#20 ·
I'm supposed to start my Canada-to-Mexico run in 5 days, but now I'm going to have to recalculate all my costs due to this sudden upswing in fuel costs.

I'm sure I'll still go, but will have to curtail some activities I'd planned for the return trip.

:cry:

#21 ·
Why is it that the current (and previous) storm induced gas price raises are blamed on the "already" tight production infrastructure? No new refineries being built in the Northern Hemisphere for years now. Why can't the government mandate that those who sell gas in the U.S. be made to invest in refinery capacity increases?
I still am more suspect of oil money in the white house than I am of tax rates fudging up gas prices...
:?

#24 ·
From personal analysis, the cost of a gallon of gasoline has no impact on my finances. The real problem is the effect of rising crude costs on the stock market, and the secondary effects of increased cost of goods and public transportation. Then there's the risk of a recession to worry about. It puts the US in a tailspin.
Ironically, much of this can be mitigated by simple mass conservation efforts. That would be an inconvenience for some though, so it's better to destroy our economy and quality of life for years to come.

I just read this financial news brief moments ago:

08:31 a.m. 09/01/2005

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. consumer spending rose a hearty 1 percent for the second straight month in July, outstripping a weaker-than-expected 0.3 percent rise in income and sending the personal saving rate into negative territory for only the second time on record, the government said on Thursday.

The saving rate, the percentage of disposable income consumers sock away, was a negative 0.6 percent, the smallest rate since monthly records began in 1959, the Commerce Department said.

It was the first negative saving rate since October 2001, right after the September 11 attacks. The saving rate turns negative if consumers tap accumulated wealth in addition to current income to make purchases -- and they appeared to have done that in July to buy cars.

#25 ·
My contribution

We're currently staying at the FamCamp on Westover ARB in Chicopee, MA. 2 days ago, regular gas was $2.319 on base and roughly the same in town. Yesterday it was $2.519 on base and averaged above $3.00 in town. Don't even want to know what diesel and propane (for the motorhome) are gonna be.

Regards,

Dan

#26 ·
It's over $3 a gallon here. I got gas on Tuesday for 2.55 a gallon. Glad I filled up when I did. Luckily the Houston pipeline should be up and running today. Atlanta, the pipelines going there are broken so they are on a limited supply, that's why the price is so high. It will be $4 a gallon by mid month in the Houston area most likely.

Looks like I need to hurry and get my 1k service on the bike and do my errands in the evenings when B is home to watch the boy. Can't carry a gallon of milk like I did on the scooter though. Guess I'll have to get 2 half gallons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.