Discussion Starter #1
Boise regular gas jumped 35 cents today to $2.85
I heard went up 60 cents in Milw.
What's your gas price?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me, too, Brian. Glad I got an electric jacket liner while on sale a couple weeks ago so can ride well into the cold season. Boise gets very little snow or rain, but average highs in Jan are only mid 30's. geo

·
Registered
24 Posts
Gas prices

The scammers here on the outskirts of Indy are already at $3.19.9.
The skys the limit.

Dave

·
Registered
350 Posts
Janesville, WI jumped from 2.57 to 3.09 in 2 days. I keep hearing it's just panic because of Katrina and will come back down in a couple weeks when the southern oil refineries are back at full swing, but I also keep hearing there's no Santy Clause. Ya just can't believe what ya hear.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I wouldn't bet on it. Now the talking heads on the boob tube are talking $4.00+/gal in the next few days. I don't think it's going to take a few days, I'm thinking hours before these profiteering bastards sink thier fangs in that deep.

Mark my words...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Buzz said:
<<<...and will come back down in a couple weeks when the southern oil refineries are back at full swing,..>>>
Last word I hear was 8 Refineries down for Storm Repairs...unknown about number of Oil Platforms in the Gulf..

And Venezuela (CITGO Petroleum) won't be inclined to help now Thanks to that @^%*&^#^*&^%*&^ Idiot Pat Robertson.

·
Registered
187 Posts
stop complaining already

Hey all you yanks how about you stop and consider the other poor bas---ds who pay heaps more for their gas ,we here in australia have just fought a war in east timor for some oil fields in their area and we were sup[posed to help the east timorise out of their problems, but no guess where all the oil goes ___ usofa yes folks we miss out again. and we are now paying $1.27 a litre for the stuff , but to top that our lp gas has gone UP as well now figure that out ??????!!!!!!!! terry :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Yesterday, paid 2.48.9. Today it is 329.9 in NE Ohio

·
Registered
484 Posts
Teejay, if the $1.27/litre is AU dollars, that equates to $3.66/US dollars a gallon... Wait a few minutes, we will be there... Just heard on Fox news that a station in Atlanta, GA is charging $5.85/gal.

Bill...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Gas in the Montreal Canada area jumped from $1.04 to $1.34 from this morning. :shock:

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
At Conaco (lower prices) it was 2.489 Monday in Jasper, Tx., $2.679 Tuesday and this afternoon hit $2.869 (up $0.38 in two days).

·
Registered
239 Posts
Re: stop complaining already

<<<... Hey all you yanks how about you stop and consider the other poor bas---ds who pay heaps more for their gas...>>>
AHEM!!!! }:~D }:~D }:~D

(best Theatrical Voice!)

Not OUR Fault you People Voted in the Politicians who Tax the Fuel So Much and it REALLY Isn't OUR Fault that you Don't Vote Them Out of Office and Elect People who will Repeal those Taxes Like we Do When they Try It.

(Ducks behind Curtain as Tomato(e)s are Hurled....)

~ Roland

P.S....Can Ya'll throw some Lettuce, Onions and Carrots too...I want a decent Salad Tonight...

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Minneapolis south suburb:

Filled up Tuesday morning: $2.53, Filled up vehicle #2 Tuesday evening, $2.69, drove Burgman past several places this evening at $2.99.

I just read an article in our local paper. The state attorney general is starting to get flooded with complaints about gas prices, which in some nearby cities is entering the $3.50 range. The AG said Minnesota doesn't have any laws preventing gas stations from charging as much as they want, like some states. He also said that Minnesota doesn't have any laws that forbid gas stations from raising their prices more than once per day, like some other states. But he did remind us that Minnesota DOES have a law that forbids gas stations from charging a certain minimum below their cost. Figures. That pearl was passed when Jessie Ventura was Gov. We just have to do everything half bass ackwards.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
This evening the cheapest gas at most Omaha gas stations appears to be $2.999. That is for mid grade with ethanol (which is subsidized, and ten cents lower than regular). Regular is $3.099. At BP/Amoco stations however, the cheapest gas is $3.299.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
I think a lot of it is panic buying. It is before the big holiday and the news is covered with "Is $5.00 gas going to be a reality?" stories. I saw it go from $2.89 this morning to $3.01 by noon. This is for gas that has already been refined and delivered - it hasn't even taken the storm into account.

People are speculating and making money. I think that by the time this gets sorted out there will be 50 states with blowhard senators and congressmen making a lot of noise about investigating the oil company profits and saber rattling about regulation and such. Like everything else politicians do, it will come to nothing.

I guess the days of $1.50 a gallon are gone, but I wouldn't be suprised if within a few months New Orleans gets back on her feet, refining capacity increases dramatically and we will look back at this time and think how crazy it was for a couple of months in 2005 and how miraculous a recovery we engineered. Americans are nothing if not resilient. We recovered from 9/11 and we will get through this. We always do. :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Western WA

AM/PM Regular 2.65 - out of gas ( Monroe,WA)

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I'm supposed to start my Canada-to-Mexico run in 5 days, but now I'm going to have to recalculate all my costs due to this sudden upswing in fuel costs.

I'm sure I'll still go, but will have to curtail some activities I'd planned for the return trip.

:cry:

1 - 20 of 101 Posts